General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Send a notification when someone you followed has a new Product Idea approved.

It would be nice to get a notification when someone you follow posts a new product idea. Right now I don't see the point of following anybody. If I want to see if brickybrick has submitted a new idea, I have to scroll to the very bottom of my follower list to find his profile, or look through hundreds of recently submitted ideas. This notification would change that by instantly letting you know that "Brickybrick has submitted a new idea: Modular Skyscraper! Click to view."

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a new badge - Laurel Wreath - for those who have won more than twice.

It is quite frustrating to see that someone has won the grand prize 5 times!
    It's hard for those of us who've never even come close, and if they've already won more than twice, they have enough.
    Instead of prizes, could they get a badge instead of a prize? Please?
    They then have arguably the most rare badge which is just as good, and it gives other people at least a chance.
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link to Your YouTube Channel in Profile

Many fans on LEGO Ideas have a YouTube channel... why not have the ability for them to have a YouTube link in their LEGO Ideas Profile? This linking is already available for a personal website and/or social media (like Facebook) in the Profile section... but there is no YouTube link.

A simple suggestion, but I believe it could greatly benefit the fan community.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it where you can see what notifications are “new” and “old” again

Recently LEGO seems to have taken off the “new” and “old” notifications. This used to really helpful because I could see new notifications without having to remember what the old ones were. Now I can’t figure out which notifications are new and which notifications are old, which means I might miss a notification and not notice it ‘till days later.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Highlight those who have achieved 1000 votes, not just 10000

In the project comments tab, comment writers who have achieved 10000 votes are highlighted. However, achieving support is as much about selecting the right subject for the model and marketing it as it is about building a great model. The best model of an obscure item rarely achieves more than 1000 votes.
    Therefore, highlight also those who have achieved 1000 votes because they have useful experience similar to those who have achieved 10000 votes. Use a different colour to differentiate the two but give more recognition to the experience of 1000-vote achievers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add a private messaging system

Like Mecabricks, I think lego ideas could be that bit better with having a private messaging inbox where you can talk to your friends where others can't see it and so it's not on lego projects or entries. Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hide achieved support on the home page

Everyone that has achieved support deserve the merit of achieving that milestone, however, there is a category for achieved support when viewing product ideas. For this reason I think it would be more suitable to show a randomised set of Ideas on the homepage that are still showcasing their work to gain support rather than showing the ideas that are already there. Maybe they could be moved to a side column?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consider Staff pick of the day or pick of the week

Staff picks appear to get great attention due to their visibility and hence help the ideas creator to increase votes.
    Maybe an idea would be to give the staff pick a time limit e.g. pick of the day and show for one day or pick of the week for one week, and then select different ideas projects as staff picks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Contest format idea -> Video / brickfilm

In the past Rebrick hosted some great brickfilm contests. Maybe Lego Ideas could also host such a contest in the future.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.

Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.
    I understand that competition entries need to be moderated to make sure that they comply with the competition rules and Lego standards but being unable to edit or update an entry means that if a person wants to update or edit they have to re-submit it as a new entry. This means losing conversation threads or support as the new entry is not connected to the original. Would it be possible to have update as an option with updated entries going back into submission phase to be moderated and once re-approved…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make A Lego Ideas App For Android & Apple Mobile & Tablet Devices

I would really like to see LEGO IDEAS to take it one step further and make an app for the Lego Ideas website and then fans like myself could use the app on their mobile or tablet device it would be really cool to use this and would be more convenient for people to access LEGO IDEAS especially in the world we are all in today as people are using their mobile and tablet devices even more.

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Skill categories for competitions

Why not introduce different categories based on skill for competitions. Obviously skill level is quite subjective but it could be based on things like previous winers, 10k product ideas etc in the top category, runners up and maybe people with over 1000 likes on a product idea in the middle category and people who’ve not submitted many ideas or been on the site for long in the beginner category. Something like that, give everyone a chance to win, maybe encourage more entries, just an idea. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clarify Dates for Projects

Please add dates to Project Ideas. Currently, the only way I know of to see when it was posted, or to see when it achieved a certain number of supporters, is to look at the rough dates on comments or update. I think that on the statistics page it should also show a timeline showing how long it took to reach each level, and when it happened.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories