General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Allow users to search for archived product ideas.

I’ve noticed there is no search filter for “Archived” product ideas, and there are so many users who would like to look back at those archived projects again. Why don’t you add a search category for “Archived” submissions?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have more categories

Introduce more categories for submitting your ideas. These could include but are not limited by:Duplo, technic machines, history, fantasy, jobs, retro, educational, nature, film or book scenes, vehicles, furniture, games.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Restrict the voting process, Introduction of voting limits

In the first and second review period, an incredible number of projects made it into the review.
    The reason for this is an unlimited possibility of voting. Some accounts shows more than 2.000 votes per year.To avoid this:

• Limit the number of votes to 150 per year or 50 review period. (max 300/year or 100/period)
    • Re-introduction of the poll before supporting a project.
    37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Raise the first milestone to 500, and improve the popularity sorting algorithm

Nowadays so many projects are uploaded daily, clodding the platform and making extremely hard to stood up from the crowd and be seen. Raising the first milestone from 100 to 500 would help skimming the projects with potential from the rest.
    Infact, the only way to have visibility is to be on the main page or selected as staff pick, considering that even the popularity sorting algorithm seems to have many flaws (and popularity is the default sorting option).
    I tried many targeted researches for different themes, and the results where never allined with the actual popularity of the projects…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow editing an entry you have posted for say 12hrs.

The images I posted look rough on my recent Dream Holiday entry "Cow Dreams", but they were fine before I uploaded them. I'd like to try uploading again but I don't have that option. Once they have been approved that's fair enough and I understand I have to accept it.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Different banners on users profiles - (like the 10k club one)

It would be great if there were more profile banners which you got at the top of your users profiles like the “10k club” banner.

A “fan designer” and “5k club” one would be fantastic!

I love to see the 10k club banners but a few more would be great. It’s also lovely for the users to get.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A support button on each submission on the scroll screen

Sometimes I see something I know I want to support just from the first photo. At the moment I have to go into the project to get to the support button. I think it would help projects get support faster if you could hit a support button on the scroll screen. This may lead to a higher turnover in popular ratings as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Removing and editing the sequence of activities, contests and product ideas entries on user's page

Well the header says it all. Sometimes you're not satisfied with your entry anymore and you'd like to remove it or you just want to show your better submissions higher than others.

Also, since activities entries are shown in squares it almost always cuts of most of the picture and it just look bad (is there a way to make them appear just like a regular contests/product ideas?). Furthermore since I took part in voting for the Afols book thing it now shows it on my page for some reason - it's weird and I'd like to remove it. I…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. An idea to change the order of projects on the homepage every week. To give every project a fair chance.

My suggestion is to change the order of the projects on the homepage every week. Randomly. Perhaps it is fair to do this with the ideas that have obtained 100 supporters. Those that are on top get so many votes within a very short time. I think that they will now also reach 10K within weeks. If you would change it weekly or within two weeks ... maybe it helps to decrease the amount of 10K projects in a short time.

I also get the impression that only projects that have been built digitally get the most votes. Other projects…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Parts list requirement for estimated price visible on submission

Platform should strive to make voting about whether people would want and be able to buy a set and not just whether they like it and want to be the part of its success.

Users should see estimated price for the potential set being sold and they should be also educated when placing support that this means they would like to buy such set for such price.

Estimation could be based on bricklink brick cost estimate with added royalties, estimated packaging costs etc.

Potentially this could go toward extreme implementation like selecting support type between "I'd like to have it",…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep up the great contests, and choose only one model per chosen builder

Contests are awesome, and many great builds are submitted these days! To give more people a chance (especially in the LEGO House contest), only one build would be chosen for the fan vote from one builder, I.e., no LEGO Ideas user could have multiple builds go to the vote and/or win a contest. This would allow more awesome builders to be featured.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add some random suggestions at the bottom of product pages

When browsing Product Ideas, I often find myself more or less at a dead end, because the related content at the bottom of the page holds no interest for me, or I've seen it all before.
    If there was an additional row of randomly selected ideas to browse, it would help users keep browsing new and interesting content and stay engaged with the site for longer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to press "support" second time when signing up after pressing it first time

When a new member wants to support an idea and presses the "support" button he then needs to sign up or use he's google / facebook account. Once he's logged in most of them think that they have voted and just leave. They don't even see that a support button is still active since they were redirected to a main page.
    Conclusion: please count the votes from members who signed up for the first time after pressing a "support" button on a certain idea without a need to press it again (new members just don't get it)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How to change ideas!

With the incredible amount of ideas hitting 10k and people becoming disappointed with the outcomes...

..why not do a re-vote for the ideas that hit 10k?
    Then whittle it down to a sensible amount?

The ideas with IP issues can be sorted out before the re votes start and limit users to 2-3 votes....

Much like the recent anniversary idea.

What do you think?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix the profile page so I can see my "archived" project ideas again.

Only my "expired" ideas are present in my contributions list. I can still access my "archived" ideas through links in my email and notifications menu, but nobody else can see my best ideas! I think this bug applies to everyone, because I can't find anyone else's archived ideas either.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A list for all 10K projects

Could you put a "Hall of Fame" section on the site with all the projects that have exceeded 10K votes? Maybe divided into two \ three sections:
    1) for winners, where you submit both the initial winning project and the final Ideas project;
    2) for review finalists;
    3) all other 10K projects
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase

Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase, I might be wrong but it is possible to do so with Product Ideas submissions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A preview option when submitting Contest entries

Before submitting Product Ideas a preview page opens up allowing to doublecheck our entry. Why not the same for contests entries? I'm sure it will avoid many mistakes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve Blog UI; Search, Tagging, Linking, etc

• Make the blog searchable
    • Blog posts seem to have tags, but they aren't interactable? Make the tags consistent and searchable
    • When announcing review results, provide a link back to the original "review qualifying" page - the image of all the review qualifers with the ticks and crosses is too small for me to work out what the projects were (an increasing problems with the numbers qualifying now?)

Basically, I want to be able to find just the posts about 10k qualifiers and the review results (and other might want to juist know about competitions or interviews!). If there's a way…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base