General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Restrict the voting process, Introduction of voting limits

In the first and second review period, an incredible number of projects made it into the review.
    The reason for this is an unlimited possibility of voting. Some accounts shows more than 2.000 votes per year.To avoid this:

• Limit the number of votes to 150 per year or 50 review period. (max 300/year or 100/period)

• Re-introduction of the poll before supporting a project.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow editing an entry you have posted for say 12hrs.

The images I posted look rough on my recent Dream Holiday entry "Cow Dreams", but they were fine before I uploaded them. I'd like to try uploading again but I don't have that option. Once they have been approved that's fair enough and I understand I have to accept it.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send a notification when someone you followed has a new Product Idea approved.

It would be nice to get a notification when someone you follow posts a new product idea. Right now I don't see the point of following anybody. If I want to see if brickybrick has submitted a new idea, I have to scroll to the very bottom of my follower list to find his profile, or look through hundreds of recently submitted ideas. This notification would change that by instantly letting you know that "Brickybrick has submitted a new idea: Modular Skyscraper! Click to view."

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the option to link your Bricklink account in your profile

A user's page already has places to put links to one's youtube, flickr, et cetera. I think Bricklink, though not as popular as those other websites, would be a good addition to this because its features are specifically made to be able to showcase Lego MOCs in great detail. It could also be a good way to promote the website.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Do a yearly second chance review

Every year, as “Christmas gift” to the community, the board could re-evaluate all the product ideas that were not given the green light for production during the year’s review periods. Similar to the 10th anniversary contest, but on an annual basis. (The special anniversary reviews could still happen by reaching farther back into your archives.) Lots of times, let’s be honest, reviews can sometimes flop. This can allow some of the “best” projects of the year to get a second chance! I’d be quite a bit of work, but I’m sure the community will appreciate it!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An idea to change the order of projects on the homepage every week. To give every project a fair chance.

My suggestion is to change the order of the projects on the homepage every week. Randomly. Perhaps it is fair to do this with the ideas that have obtained 100 supporters. Those that are on top get so many votes within a very short time. I think that they will now also reach 10K within weeks. If you would change it weekly or within two weeks ... maybe it helps to decrease the amount of 10K projects in a short time.

I also get the impression that only projects that have been built digitally get the most votes. Other projects…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improved Visibility and UI on Homepage

It’s currently too difficult to find or discover things of a particular interest on the IDEAS website. Along with better use of filters, I recommend a different homepage UI of stacked containers with horizontal scrolling, similar to what you see in most media layouts (ie Netflix) instead of the endless, seemingly random vertical scroll and buried navigational options. It’s perfectly fine to have staff picks and most popular at the top (or listed under a Contests section) because you want people to have a good first impression of the website and IDEAS platform, but then just under that box there…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Collaborations

On Lego ideas, you should be able to collaborate on an idea together, basically, with permission from both designers, you put two ideas into one.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional filter & view options

Please add the following quality of life improvements:

1) filter to show only the NEW ideas since my last visit.

2) instead of the current 0 or 1000 as smallest supported filter options, allow us to filter in numbers between. Example by the 50 or 100 / 200 supporters and so on.

3) filter and icon that shows the ideas you are already supporting

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make a new badge - Laurel Wreath - for those who have won more than twice.

It is quite frustrating to see that someone has won the grand prize 5 times!
    It's hard for those of us who've never even come close, and if they've already won more than twice, they have enough.
    Instead of prizes, could they get a badge instead of a prize? Please?
    They then have arguably the most rare badge which is just as good, and it gives other people at least a chance.
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it where you can see what notifications are “new” and “old” again

Recently LEGO seems to have taken off the “new” and “old” notifications. This used to really helpful because I could see new notifications without having to remember what the old ones were. Now I can’t figure out which notifications are new and which notifications are old, which means I might miss a notification and not notice it ‘till days later.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate Product Ideas from Contest Entries in profile page.

Often I enter in other builders' profiles to check their builds. Would be great to have Product Ideas right away on top, not mixed with contest entries and activities. The filter doesn't help much in that way.
    Otherwise you could let the builder to personalize his own page.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pick one of your Project images as your banner

Could be a cover image or an additional image. (Update images not allowed). These would already be approved during the submition of a project so you would not have to worry about people misusing this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlight those who have achieved 1000 votes, not just 10000

In the project comments tab, comment writers who have achieved 10000 votes are highlighted. However, achieving support is as much about selecting the right subject for the model and marketing it as it is about building a great model. The best model of an obscure item rarely achieves more than 1000 votes.
    Therefore, highlight also those who have achieved 1000 votes because they have useful experience similar to those who have achieved 10000 votes. Use a different colour to differentiate the two but give more recognition to the experience of 1000-vote achievers.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View Previous Names

Over the time that LEGO fanatics have had there account they have probably changed their profile name at least once, but one problem if you change your name nobody knows how to find you or who that person is. So we should be connected to our previous names so people can still search our old names up and find our new name. 😀

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View a list of everyone that supported your build

It’s depressing when you want to thank the people that supported you along the way... and you don’t know exactly who all did support you. So, we should have it so when you support a build you join a list with all of the other supporters on that build.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Insane Builder Badge

This badge builders would get every time they get 10 builds posted and approved to the voting stage in a month.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories