General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't put the contest entries in the main discover page.

Now we are having a lot of great contests and i always love to participate it. But now the discover page is always full of contest entries and there is not much space for the product ideas. I know that we can use the filter, but not everyone will go to scroll down for new ideas every time or use the filter. I notice with my previous projects that most of the supporters comes in the first few days after submission, when they go down the page will be hard to gain supporters, even with the help of social media,…

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make A Lego Ideas App For Android & Apple Mobile & Tablet Devices

I would really like to see LEGO IDEAS to take it one step further and make an app for the Lego Ideas website and then fans like myself could use the app on their mobile or tablet device it would be really cool to use this and would be more convenient for people to access LEGO IDEAS especially in the world we are all in today as people are using their mobile and tablet devices even more.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Do something special when membership reaches 1,000,000.

The LEGO Ideas community may reach one million members before the end of 2019. If not then, it will certainly hit that number early in 2020. Please begin planning a special contest and/or event to celebrate that landmark in membership and participation.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Random project viewing

Currently there are three options to view projects: top, new and most support. How about a 'random' option? It would be nice to just randomly scroll through projects. Currently when you click further on the proposed other projects at the bottom, after a certain time you get into a loop of the same proposed projects. A 'random' button would avoid this.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make A Private Message Inbox

I really like the new LEGO Ideas online platform experience, but I would love to see a private message inbox so then Lego Ideas users could privately message each other on the LEGO Ideas platform experience and talk about their Ideas and projects.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please mark Blog posts with posting dates.

I can't see any clear way of knowing how long a post has been up since it doesn't indicate when the post was made.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Streamline the voting process, especially for mobile users

Three ideas to streamline voting, which really puts people off, especially on mobiles:

- Remove the age page, or make it easier, like "Are you above 18? Y/N"
    - Do not require entry of a confirmation code to vote. This extra step really annoys people, slows down the process, and turns them away. It also makes it harder to vote using mobiles.
    - The site must be designed with mobile phones in mind, not laptops, as that is where most people use the internet now. Right now the back-and-forth confirmation is so clunky on a mobile, that people will abandon…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Improvements

Could you make it so that when you support an idea and the suggested projects pop up, it will only show you protects you haven’t yet supported.

And also could you make some sort of way to identify whilst in the discovery page what projects you have and haven’t yet supported

And could you make the like button not werd

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it easier to edit the profile

I have tried editing my profile and customizing my avatar on LEGO Ideas, however your site is NOT letting me do so. I have tried looking on your FAQ's and other sites but in summation: all the information is WORTHLESS.
    So can you please make it easier to customize my LEGO Ideas avatar or tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me how to customize it

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Other than themes, introduce categories by number of supporters

Hi guys, the new themes categories seems a good idea. Maybe you might consider to have categories by number of supporters as well (500club, 1kclub, 3kclub, 5kclub). Projects gets a lot of supporters in the first 2/3 weeks, with the top5 under 100 supporters and with the staff's pick. Especially if they go in the trending page. After that the numbers of supporters decrease drastically. It could be a good idea to get more visibility to "older" projects. Now seems that either you reach 10k in few weeks or maybe never.
    I hope it will be a good feedback

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General