General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Skill categories for competitions

Why not introduce different categories based on skill for competitions. Obviously skill level is quite subjective but it could be based on things like previous winers, 10k product ideas etc in the top category, runners up and maybe people with over 1000 likes on a product idea in the middle category and people who’ve not submitted many ideas or been on the site for long in the beginner category. Something like that, give everyone a chance to win, maybe encourage more entries, just an idea. :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clarify Dates for Projects

Please add dates to Project Ideas. Currently, the only way I know of to see when it was posted, or to see when it achieved a certain number of supporters, is to look at the rough dates on comments or update. I think that on the statistics page it should also show a timeline showing how long it took to reach each level, and when it happened.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. prioritize resubmitted projects in approval

It takes 2-3 days, and if one has to keep re-taking pictures, it would be helpful to know in advance.
    Also it should be fairly easy, as you only have to check if the defective part is fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make a new badge - Laurel Wreath - for those who have won more than twice.

It is quite frustrating to see that someone has won the grand prize 5 times!
    It's hard for those of us who've never even come close, and if they've already won more than twice, they have enough.
    Instead of prizes, could they get a badge instead of a prize? Please?
    They then have arguably the most rare badge which is just as good, and it gives other people at least a chance.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do something special when membership reaches 1,000,000.

The LEGO Ideas community may reach one million members before the end of 2019. If not then, it will certainly hit that number early in 2020. Please begin planning a special contest and/or event to celebrate that landmark in membership and participation.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dark theme option

i would like to switch to a darker theme for the ideas site. the blinding white could hurt people's eyes. (maybe represent it with a blacklight bulb?)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it where you can see what notifications are “new” and “old” again

Recently LEGO seems to have taken off the “new” and “old” notifications. This used to really helpful because I could see new notifications without having to remember what the old ones were. Now I can’t figure out which notifications are new and which notifications are old, which means I might miss a notification and not notice it ‘till days later.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove support for an Idea

As long as an Idea hasn't hit the 10.000 supporter mark, it can change by updates en edits. But as an supporter, you can't remove your support when the idea changes. I'd like to be able to remove my support, when an idea has changed, so the creator of the idea thinks carefully when changing a idea.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Product Ideas as default in "Product Ideas" tab (instead of "top")

I think that new entries have lack of attention because of the "top" entries order. We had separate "top" tab and that war correct decision.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More accurate "Popular" results

Currently, "Popular" in a contest is filtered by number of recent comments. How about instead it is number of INDIVIDUAL commenters? Comment chains can become very long between one or two users bumping an entry that isn't really that good or popular up the list, and worse yet, you can comment on your own do drive it up. This gives an inaccurate picture of which entries are truly the most "Popular" ones. Of course, you could also keep a filter for most comments separately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Profile Comment/News list

Implement a short commentar list on each profile. Not relevant for a specific Idea or contest just in general for the useres to get in conntact with others, write something you are working on, get a feedback to your profile and Ideas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update us more on upcoming LEGO ideas sets

You should give more updates on upcoming LEGO sets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make A Private Message Inbox

I really like the new LEGO Ideas online platform experience, but I would love to see a private message inbox so then Lego Ideas users could privately message each other on the LEGO Ideas platform experience and talk about their Ideas and projects.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base