General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Clearer Instructions for Adding Images in Description

I can't figure out how to add images into a project description, and I'd really appreciate understanding how. I have a fair bit of text, and images to accompany it, but without understanding how to add images the description is just a large block of text. An instructional video might be helpful. If anyone can help me understand, I'd really appreciate it! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do another Special Review every once in a while

When the International Space Station won the Special Review last year, many fans were thrilled. I’d personally like to see the Special Review happen again one day. There are many Rejected product ideas that deserve a second chance. Maybe do more Special Reviews once a year or less often, perhaps?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tell contest participants how their entries did

After the winner is announced in a contest, I think that participants should be shown the scores they got in each judging category (relevance to theme, coolness/originality, etc.) so that they may know the strengths and weaknesses of their build, and use this information to improve future contest entries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We can visit digital building whenever we want without downloading it

This is why,we don't have LDD so people don't have to download it but just use it.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support Improvements

Could you make it so that when you support an idea and the suggested projects pop up, it will only show you protects you haven’t yet supported.

And also could you make some sort of way to identify whilst in the discovery page what projects you have and haven’t yet supported

And could you make the like button not werd

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please mark Blog posts with posting dates.

I can't see any clear way of knowing how long a post has been up since it doesn't indicate when the post was made.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Streamline the voting process, especially for mobile users

Three ideas to streamline voting, which really puts people off, especially on mobiles:

• Remove the age page, or make it easier, like "Are you above 18? Y/N"

• Do not require entry of a confirmation code to vote. This extra step really annoys people, slows down the process, and turns them away. It also makes it harder to vote using mobiles.

• The site must be designed with mobile phones in mind, not laptops, as that is where most people use the internet now. Right now the back-and-forth confirmation is so clunky on a mobile, that people will abandon the process.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Star Ratings in statistics to be viewed over a specific period of time

Hi! I'm Viv, AKA toastergrl, creator of the "Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone" LEGO Ideas project. I previously suggested a statistics page to see how Product Ideas have been reacted to over time, which I'm very thankful the team has implemented.

Recently, the Ideas team also added private star ratings, to allow feedback to be provided privately. This is an excellent idea, but I'm currently working on a major revision for my Product Idea which might make some of the previous ratings irrelevant.

Would it be possible to look at your Star Ratings over a specific period of time?…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lego Comic as a format for a contest

Every Lego magazine has some fun comics.... what about tapping into the creativeness of the community and let them have a go at making a comic (page(s))... with the prize that the comic gets published in a Lego magazine

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it easier to edit the profile

I have tried editing my profile and customizing my avatar on LEGO Ideas, however your site is NOT letting me do so. I have tried looking on your FAQ's and other sites but in summation: all the information is WORTHLESS.
    So can you please make it easier to customize my LEGO Ideas avatar or tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me how to customize it

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep Me Updated...

I've just noticed that there are no options in the settings to notify one when a Saved Project has posted an update. I miss having this notification feature from both the standing of a project supporter and submitter and I believe having this setting option is important for member's projects for a variety of reasons. When a member makes a change or to add something to their project, you'll get feedback on it from a different point of view from a member who has already supported based on your first version than from a member who has seen all your…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Other than themes, introduce categories by number of supporters

Hi guys, the new themes categories seems a good idea. Maybe you might consider to have categories by number of supporters as well (500club, 1kclub, 3kclub, 5kclub). Projects gets a lot of supporters in the first 2/3 weeks, with the top5 under 100 supporters and with the staff's pick. Especially if they go in the trending page. After that the numbers of supporters decrease drastically. It could be a good idea to get more visibility to "older" projects. Now seems that either you reach 10k in few weeks or maybe never.
    I hope it will be a good feedback

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think you are too strict avoiding project with religious buildings

I believe it's right to keep a prohibition against strong religious or political references, but at the same time I think that to include a church in an "architecture" project is a bit exaggerated especially if there aren't explicits references or symbols. Do you know that the "leaning tower" in Pisa is the bel tower of the cathedral? And that San Marco in Venezia is another cathedral? But you have inserted them in your models! So why can't I publish a model of Florence with the cathedral?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let people delete excess updates

I recently made an update that got duplicated, but I just needed one. I want to delete it, along with those that accidentally messed up on the updates...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. open crowdfunding for those models that reach 10k but do not get picked to become a real set

There are many beautiful rejected 10k models that people would love to have. You recently released several models through the Brick Link coop. Why not do so for all the 10k models (those that do not have any license problems) so that more models would become available?
    It would also be another incentive to post models, because you would actually get to see your model being made after 2,5 years of hard work at designing and promoting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make a person's username clickable in their support notification so you can follow them

So when you get a comment on your project, it's easy to follow someone because their username is a link to their profile. If you just get told they've supported your project, you then have to search for them under Community to be able to see what else they've supported and to follow them. If their name was a link to their profile in the support notification, the need to search would be removed. Big time saver!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)