Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Allow selling instructions outside the platform if the submission did not reach specific milestone like 1K

It would be cool if people could sell instructions outside the platform if they decided to take it out from the platform IF they did not cross specific milestone. If some submission stopped getting supporters before reaching 1K, it's as good as gone unless either Ideas team will pick it as a staff pick (although they usually seem to only pick from ones already popular in recent time frame) or if the creator will somehow manage to promote it outside the platform, which is really hard without basing it on some IP or having support from a big youtube channel…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold

Make more restrictive rules and build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold - there's a lot of 3d only submissions that look amazing, but are not necessarily possible to build or models are made with so many bricks that the set would be really expensive and when topped with IP and royalty for the creator, not many people might decide to actually buy such set. Those builds flood the explore list and make it harder for people who actually build their MOCs that they submit, because it's cheaper and often easier to build…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The classification of project themes

I was wondering why some projects did not belong to any of the themes (space, car ...) even if it has a car or space element in the design. I though every project should be categorized into at least one theme.

I suggest labeling each project with its theme(s) in each user's profile and link the theme button to the product idea page for more information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. have a way to get back to the spot you were at before you clicked on a project.

When I am looking through the projects, and click on one to look in more detail/support it, then want to go back to continue looking at projects, it takes me back to the top and I have to scroll down to find where I last left off.

The back arrow from a project should take you back to that project's place on the list of projects.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Collaborations

On Lego ideas, you should be able to collaborate on an idea together, basically, with permission from both designers, you put two ideas into one.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the option to link your Bricklink account in your profile

A user's page already has places to put links to one's youtube, flickr, et cetera. I think Bricklink, though not as popular as those other websites, would be a good addition to this because its features are specifically made to be able to showcase Lego MOCs in great detail. It could also be a good way to promote the website.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A guide for adding/uploading/embedding images or animations to your project page.

Some Ideas members have found ways to upload animated images to their idea page, or to have it as their profile picture. Also, in their idea description some have managed to embed images, in addition to the uploaded images. For people (like myself) who don't know anything about code, it would be nice to have a guide, article, or help topic here in the FAQ, explaining you how to do these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improved Visibility and UI on Homepage

It’s currently too difficult to find or discover things of a particular interest on the IDEAS website. Along with better use of filters, I recommend a different homepage UI of stacked containers with horizontal scrolling, similar to what you see in most media layouts (ie Netflix) instead of the endless, seemingly random vertical scroll and buried navigational options. It’s perfectly fine to have staff picks and most popular at the top (or listed under a Contests section) because you want people to have a good first impression of the website and IDEAS platform, but then just under that box there…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Additional filter & view options

Please add the following quality of life improvements:

1) filter to show only the NEW ideas since my last visit.

2) instead of the current 0 or 1000 as smallest supported filter options, allow us to filter in numbers between. Example by the 50 or 100 / 200 supporters and so on.

3) filter and icon that shows the ideas you are already supporting

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Making the background restrictions to just have a white background no matter where it is.

I'm having a problem submitting my projects. I used my bathtub(which is all white) and they are not accepting it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. View a list of everyone that supported your build

It’s depressing when you want to thank the people that supported you along the way... and you don’t know exactly who all did support you. So, we should have it so when you support a build you join a list with all of the other supporters on that build.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate Product Ideas from Contest Entries in profile page.

Often I enter in other builders' profiles to check their builds. Would be great to have Product Ideas right away on top, not mixed with contest entries and activities. The filter doesn't help much in that way.
    Otherwise you could let the builder to personalize his own page.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Standardize the size of pictures for Contest and Product Ideas

When posting entries for the contests I always need to cut the size of the picture, with the result that sometimes I need to do new renders of my build.
    With Product Ideas I don't have any issue, the format 4:3 works perfectly.
    Is it possible to have a standard size for both?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a new badge - Laurel Wreath - for those who have won more than twice.

It is quite frustrating to see that someone has won the grand prize 5 times!
    It's hard for those of us who've never even come close, and if they've already won more than twice, they have enough.
    Instead of prizes, could they get a badge instead of a prize? Please?
    They then have arguably the most rare badge which is just as good, and it gives other people at least a chance.
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highlight those who have achieved 1000 votes, not just 10000

In the project comments tab, comment writers who have achieved 10000 votes are highlighted. However, achieving support is as much about selecting the right subject for the model and marketing it as it is about building a great model. The best model of an obscure item rarely achieves more than 1000 votes.
    Therefore, highlight also those who have achieved 1000 votes because they have useful experience similar to those who have achieved 10000 votes. Use a different colour to differentiate the two but give more recognition to the experience of 1000-vote achievers.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it where you can see what notifications are “new” and “old” again

Recently LEGO seems to have taken off the “new” and “old” notifications. This used to really helpful because I could see new notifications without having to remember what the old ones were. Now I can’t figure out which notifications are new and which notifications are old, which means I might miss a notification and not notice it ‘till days later.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tailor Ideas Sets Viewed Based On Users' Interest

Users would be able to create certain tags for themselves in their Profile Page based on things that they're interested in. Users would then receive a notification each time a project is posted with that tag.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. View Previous Names

Over the time that LEGO fanatics have had there account they have probably changed their profile name at least once, but one problem if you change your name nobody knows how to find you or who that person is. So we should be connected to our previous names so people can still search our old names up and find our new name. 😀

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

206 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?