General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Do something special when membership reaches 1,000,000.

The LEGO Ideas community may reach one million members before the end of 2019. If not then, it will certainly hit that number early in 2020. Please begin planning a special contest and/or event to celebrate that landmark in membership and participation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please enter an estimated brick count.

When entering a project, it would be required to enter an estimated brick count. The moderators could decide if the count is accurate or not.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the link to work for LDD

I like the idea of making a Harley Davidson. The problem is I don't have many LEGOS or space to build in right now. The app would be a brilliant solution, but the link provided said it's no longer supported. I run Chrome. My mobile is an Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let people delete excess updates

I recently made an update that got duplicated, but I just needed one. I want to delete it, along with those that accidentally messed up on the updates...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)

Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated

German reference:

https://www.promobricks.de/soziales-bauen-lego-interview-dominik-brachmanski

What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.

Features:
    - Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
    - It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Not only one Idea on the first page

I think it would be good if not only an idea or ideas appear first on the Lego Ideas page but the succession changes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simultanious contest entries

I have had trouble with entering contests because I made multiple entries, and photographed them all in the same shoot to avoid setting up the sheets and cameras too many times. I went to enter them when there were about 10 days left and realized that there was no way that I could submit all of them doing it one at a time with 2 days between, and any rejections. I would guess that I am not the only one who has experienced such issues of possibility and convenience and propose that Ideas should allow one user to have multiple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You should allow multiple contest submissions to be entered at the same time.

Not allowing new contest entries while one is being verified makes it so that the process of uploading entries takes a lot longer, and sometimes make it impossible to enter all of your designs before the end of the submission phase.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More regular Staff's Picks

I notice that recently the Staff's Pick have not been announced regularly. I think it was a great way to discover past projects and gave a great boost to those projects, hundreds of supporters.
    I hope it will return to be a daily selection.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide The Number Of Supporters For Projects (Or At Least An Option To Hide The Number Of Project Supporters)

This may sound weird to some people, but I think there should be an option to hide how many people support your projects. I believe people would choose to support more solely based on a project's merit or creative value instead of how many others are supporting it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to access all the current project ideas.

In the drop down menu, we can choose a lot of filters, but we can never see all of the current ideas posted. I would appreciate if there was a show all button available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories