Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. A preview option when submitting Contest entries

Before submitting Product Ideas a preview page opens up allowing to doublecheck our entry. Why not the same for contests entries? I'm sure it will avoid many mistakes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve Blog UI; Search, Tagging, Linking, etc

• Make the blog searchable
    • Blog posts seem to have tags, but they aren't interactable? Make the tags consistent and searchable
    • When announcing review results, provide a link back to the original "review qualifying" page - the image of all the review qualifers with the ticks and crosses is too small for me to work out what the projects were (an increasing problems with the numbers qualifying now?)

Basically, I want to be able to find just the posts about 10k qualifiers and the review results (and other might want to juist know about competitions or interviews!). If there's a way…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add information about required aspect ratio for images (16:9) to IDEAS guidelines article and contests rules.

I rendered images (it took few hours on my pc) in 4:3 ratio and can't resize/ it to correct size with still looking good as only information in contest rule was about minimum 1080 pixels for image.

Information about required ratio should be repeated in Ideas and contests guidelines. For example in contest guidelines after "If possible, the shortest edge should be at least 1080 pixels" should be "Image will require cutting to 16:9 ratio."

Plus i got combo with Stud.io application, where after update i lost all transparent colors, so i cant re-render images again at this time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Voting Process based on ever earned VIP Points

If you earned for example 10.000 VIP Points, you could Support 10 Projects a Week, even if you already spent those Points. This would limit the insane Votes of People that might not even buy the Sets they Vote for since many Vote for several thousand Projects. There could be a small base number of Votes like one a day for entirely new People. This would limit the vote exploitation that is currently going on.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set the default sorting mechanism to "newest" for the Lego House Ideas contest

Since it's sorted by "popular", everyone sees the most popular first and is more likely to engage, leading to a feedback loop. It also just makes more sense to sort by "newest" by default.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save place in the list of product ideas, after supporting one

Every time I look at the product ideas and click on one to take a closer look or support it and return to the main page, I lose my place in the list and have to start all over. I'm relativly new to Lego ideas and want to explore all ideas and not just the ones on top. There are so much great ones between 1000 and 10000, that are just stuck, because no one can find them easily.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Short custom URLs for projects

Some websites let users to create custom URLs for their profiles, pages etc. Would be pretty neat to have this feature on Lego Ideas when submitting a new project.
    For example instead of "https://ideas.lego.com/projects/37381928248..."
    "https://ideas.lego.com/theofficetry34".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parts list requirement for estimated price visible on submission

Platform should strive to make voting about whether people would want and be able to buy a set and not just whether they like it and want to be the part of its success.

Users should see estimated price for the potential set being sold and they should be also educated when placing support that this means they would like to buy such set for such price.

Estimation could be based on bricklink brick cost estimate with added royalties, estimated packaging costs etc.

Potentially this could go toward extreme implementation like selecting support type between "I'd like to have it",…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mix most supported with random submissions for default explore list and don't show numbers on it

Default explore list is working strongly against new submissions that did not get traction outside the explore list. It is clearly visible by the fact that simple thing as featuring new submission under 100 can greatly increase the initial influx of supporters in first week from just reaching 100 to getting 500 or 1000 supporters easily. This means that a lot of if not most of the users don't look at new submissions.

On top of that, there is a crowd mechanism that makes people vote for what is already popular, "sure to be successful" and people like being part…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow selling instructions outside the platform if the submission did not reach specific milestone like 1K

It would be cool if people could sell instructions outside the platform if they decided to take it out from the platform IF they did not cross specific milestone. If some submission stopped getting supporters before reaching 1K, it's as good as gone unless either Ideas team will pick it as a staff pick (although they usually seem to only pick from ones already popular in recent time frame) or if the creator will somehow manage to promote it outside the platform, which is really hard without basing it on some IP or having support from a big youtube channel…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold

Make more restrictive rules and build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold - there's a lot of 3d only submissions that look amazing, but are not necessarily possible to build or models are made with so many bricks that the set would be really expensive and when topped with IP and royalty for the creator, not many people might decide to actually buy such set. Those builds flood the explore list and make it harder for people who actually build their MOCs that they submit, because it's cheaper and often easier to build…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please reword "We've saved your support" (and auto create an account when FB login selected)

I've become aware that many people click support and then leave because they believe the support has been saved - "we've saved your support". People believe no further action is required because the support was saved. This is a bit misleading.

Could the message please be reworded, for example:

"Your support is PENDING. Please log in or create an account to complete your support"

Also, if someone does not have an account and clicks FB login, please auto-create the account - this can be done. And there would be no need to ask someone's age when FB can provide that…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The classification of project themes

I was wondering why some projects did not belong to any of the themes (space, car ...) even if it has a car or space element in the design. I though every project should be categorized into at least one theme.

I suggest labeling each project with its theme(s) in each user's profile and link the theme button to the product idea page for more information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. have a way to get back to the spot you were at before you clicked on a project.

When I am looking through the projects, and click on one to look in more detail/support it, then want to go back to continue looking at projects, it takes me back to the top and I have to scroll down to find where I last left off.

The back arrow from a project should take you back to that project's place on the list of projects.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Contest Entry Submission Process Issue

The contest system does not allow for additional contest entries to be submitted if there is already an entry in the Awaiting Approval state. This prevents users from submitting multiple entries and from correcting errors in their entry before the deadline.

On LEGO Ideas Contests, the “How It Works” section of the rules state that “We recommend submitting your entry 2-3 days before the deadline in the event we have to return it to you for changes. “ Most contests end on Monday which means that 2-3 days before the deadline is during the weekend and the Moderation staff does not…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A guide for adding/uploading/embedding images or animations to your project page.

Some Ideas members have found ways to upload animated images to their idea page, or to have it as their profile picture. Also, in their idea description some have managed to embed images, in addition to the uploaded images. For people (like myself) who don't know anything about code, it would be nice to have a guide, article, or help topic here in the FAQ, explaining you how to do these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Different banners on users profiles - (like the 10k club one)

It would be great if there were more profile banners which you got at the top of your users profiles like the “10k club” banner.

A “fan designer” and “5k club” one would be fantastic!

I love to see the 10k club banners but a few more would be great. It’s also lovely for the users to get.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Making the background restrictions to just have a white background no matter where it is.

I'm having a problem submitting my projects. I used my bathtub(which is all white) and they are not accepting it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Removing and editing the sequence of activities, contests and product ideas entries on user's page

Well the header says it all. Sometimes you're not satisfied with your entry anymore and you'd like to remove it or you just want to show your better submissions higher than others.

Also, since activities entries are shown in squares it almost always cuts of most of the picture and it just look bad (is there a way to make them appear just like a regular contests/product ideas?). Furthermore since I took part in voting for the Afols book thing it now shows it on my page for some reason - it's weird and I'd like to remove it. I…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A support button on each submission on the scroll screen

Sometimes I see something I know I want to support just from the first photo. At the moment I have to go into the project to get to the support button. I think it would help projects get support faster if you could hit a support button on the scroll screen. This may lead to a higher turnover in popular ratings as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General