Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Put Staff Picks on the top of the home page that day

Currently not many people know when projects receive a staff pick, only the people who had saved the project. It would be awesome if they got put at the top of the home page that day (where JacobM366's activity poll is now).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create an Open Forum/Blog for Community Questions/Requests

Within the LEGO Ideas Community, please add a forum for discussion, ideas, advice, and questions. This should be open to all members and moderated. LEGO Ideas staff may not have to be the only moderators. Volunteers could be screened and selected.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Idea of the week

For a while, LEGO Ideas has done staff pick's. But how about a feature where every week LEGO picks the best product idea out of all the staff picks, the one that truly stands out above all the other ideas, then they could do something like a blog post that show's the idea. If not, they could put a pop-up on the project or a comment saying that it has been picked as the "Idea Of The Week".

The idea of the week would be picked by: Best photography, effort put into the model and promotion, and how good the…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Easier Support of a Model

Is it possible to make supporting easier, maybe just click on where it has the number of supporters of that project, the blue circley thing. I sometimes find that I don't support a project that I would normally just because it takes to much time to click on the project and view it's page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide the ability to crop the preview image without having to cut the main title image.

So I have 2 Product Ideas currently up on LEGO Ideas. However, I have an issue with the submission of photos when it comes to the main image. While I do think it's nice to be able to crop pictures, I'd appreciate the ability to crop the preview picture you see while browsing without damaging the main image on your project page. Currently, both of my project preview photos aren't cropped the way I want them, but I know that if I do try to crop them, it's just going to cause the main title image to be cut.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. open crowdfunding for those models that reach 10k but do not get picked to become a real set

There are many beautiful rejected 10k models that people would love to have. You recently released several models through the Brick Link coop. Why not do so for all the 10k models (those that do not have any license problems) so that more models would become available?
    It would also be another incentive to post models, because you would actually get to see your model being made after 2,5 years of hard work at designing and promoting.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamline the voting process, especially for mobile users

Three ideas to streamline voting, which really puts people off, especially on mobiles:

• Remove the age page, or make it easier, like "Are you above 18? Y/N"
    • Do not require entry of a confirmation code to vote. This extra step really annoys people, slows down the process, and turns them away. It also makes it harder to vote using mobiles.
    • The site must be designed with mobile phones in mind, not laptops, as that is where most people use the internet now. Right now the back-and-forth confirmation is so clunky on a mobile, that people will abandon the process.
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let people delete excess updates

I recently made an update that got duplicated, but I just needed one. I want to delete it, along with those that accidentally messed up on the updates...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)

Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated

German reference:

https://www.promobricks.de/soziales-bauen-lego-interview-dominik-brachmanski

What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.

Features:
    - Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
    - It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not only one Idea on the first page

I think it would be good if not only an idea or ideas appear first on the Lego Ideas page but the succession changes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Simultanious contest entries

I have had trouble with entering contests because I made multiple entries, and photographed them all in the same shoot to avoid setting up the sheets and cameras too many times. I went to enter them when there were about 10 days left and realized that there was no way that I could submit all of them doing it one at a time with 2 days between, and any rejections. I would guess that I am not the only one who has experienced such issues of possibility and convenience and propose that Ideas should allow one user to have multiple…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General