General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Don't put the contest entries in the main discover page.

Now we are having a lot of great contests and i always love to participate it. But now the discover page is always full of contest entries and there is not much space for the product ideas. I know that we can use the filter, but not everyone will go to scroll down for new ideas every time or use the filter. I notice with my previous projects that most of the supporters comes in the first few days after submission, when they go down the page will be hard to gain supporters, even with the help of social media,…

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make A Lego Ideas App For Android & Apple Mobile & Tablet Devices

I would really like to see LEGO IDEAS to take it one step further and make an app for the Lego Ideas website and then fans like myself could use the app on their mobile or tablet device it would be really cool to use this and would be more convenient for people to access LEGO IDEAS especially in the world we are all in today as people are using their mobile and tablet devices even more.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make A Private Message Inbox

I really like the new LEGO Ideas online platform experience, but I would love to see a private message inbox so then Lego Ideas users could privately message each other on the LEGO Ideas platform experience and talk about their Ideas and projects.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Random project viewing

Currently there are three options to view projects: top, new and most support. How about a 'random' option? It would be nice to just randomly scroll through projects. Currently when you click further on the proposed other projects at the bottom, after a certain time you get into a loop of the same proposed projects. A 'random' button would avoid this.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Revise your Restricted IP as a narrow list

Currently, the article with Restricted Intellectual Properties is somewhat difficult for people to find what intellectual properties does not allow. Is there any chance you could revise the Restricted IP's as a long and narrow list?

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keep Me Updated...

I've just noticed that there are no options in the settings to notify one when a Saved Project has posted an update. I miss having this notification feature from both the standing of a project supporter and submitter and I believe having this setting option is important for member's projects for a variety of reasons. When a member makes a change or to add something to their project, you'll get feedback on it from a different point of view from a member who has already supported based on your first version than from a member who has seen all your…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Build a project management/analytics hub

Hi! I'm toastergrl, creator of the "Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone" ideas project. The road to 10,000 is difficult and fraught with missteps sometimes, and it's not always clear what helps and what doesn't. I'd like to suggest an "analytics hub" (not accessible to the public, just to the project's creator) to allow users of the LEGO Ideas platform to track the progress of their project.

For example, a graph of supporters-per-day would help those who had to take a few days away from their project to catch up on schoolwork or their job. Other potential features could include…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Other than themes, introduce categories by number of supporters

Hi guys, the new themes categories seems a good idea. Maybe you might consider to have categories by number of supporters as well (500club, 1kclub, 3kclub, 5kclub). Projects gets a lot of supporters in the first 2/3 weeks, with the top5 under 100 supporters and with the staff's pick. Especially if they go in the trending page. After that the numbers of supporters decrease drastically. It could be a good idea to get more visibility to "older" projects. Now seems that either you reach 10k in few weeks or maybe never.
    I hope it will be a good feedback

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't require clicking an activate link AND inputting a code for a new account

Its a useless step in the account creation process

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Require a piece count

Make it a requirement when post new projects that an approximate piece count be added to the listing so when someone supports the project and is asked to say how much they would pay, we have a better idea of what the cost of a set would be based on the number of pieces

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I think you are too strict avoiding project with religious buildings

I believe it's right to keep a prohibition against strong religious or political references, but at the same time I think that to include a church in an "architecture" project is a bit exaggerated especially if there aren't explicits references or symbols. Do you know that the "leaning tower" in Pisa is the bel tower of the cathedral? And that San Marco in Venezia is another cathedral? But you have inserted them in your models! So why can't I publish a model of Florence with the cathedral?

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Improvements

Could you make it so that when you support an idea and the suggested projects pop up, it will only show you protects you haven’t yet supported.

And also could you make some sort of way to identify whilst in the discovery page what projects you have and haven’t yet supported

And could you make the like button not werd

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. activate the "go back one page arrow"

After voting for a project it would be nice to be able to go back to where you were. Now you have to scroll down that list again and again if you want to support multiple projects.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let the main image be a GIF file or similar (some kind of repeatable image sequence).

I have repeated watched extremely creative and thought-filled and well-worked-out projects be completely ignored (and consequently, expire unsupported), simply because the main image does not "grab attention" well enough. I think if the main image could move, it would allow users to show more aspects and functions of their creations all at one glance. It would take a little skill to create them, but who knows, maybe Lego Ideas could have a tutorial for how to create GIF files, or better yet, maybe they could create an on-site GIF creator.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Grand Prize and Runner-Up Winner Badge

With former LEGO Rebrick being incorporated into LEGO Ideas, building contests have become a big part of the site and an exciting addition to the already awesome product submissions. I suggest that 2 new badges be added to the lineup to more seamlessly blend the 2 distinct functionalities of the site. The "Grand Prize Winner" badge and the "Runner-Up" badge.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an "I don't support" option to projects, which then filters them out by default

This would make it realistic for regular users to view all new projects. They look at every project once, and give it a thumbs up or down, then next time they visit they can see only the new projects, without their view being cluttered up with projects they already supported or decided they wouldn't.
    (Idea from blog post comment by HonorableSqueamishJay, copied here so it can gather votes)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories