Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Make A Lego Ideas App For Android & Apple Mobile & Tablet Devices

I would really like to see LEGO IDEAS to take it one step further and make an app for the Lego Ideas website and then fans like myself could use the app on their mobile or tablet device it would be really cool to use this and would be more convenient for people to access LEGO IDEAS especially in the world we are all in today as people are using their mobile and tablet devices even more.

334 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

206 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Don't put the contest entries in the main discover page.

Now we are having a lot of great contests and i always love to participate it. But now the discover page is always full of contest entries and there is not much space for the product ideas. I know that we can use the filter, but not everyone will go to scroll down for new ideas every time or use the filter. I notice with my previous projects that most of the supporters comes in the first few days after submission, when they go down the page will be hard to gain supporters, even with the help of social media,…

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make A Private Message Inbox

I really like the new LEGO Ideas online platform experience, but I would love to see a private message inbox so then Lego Ideas users could privately message each other on the LEGO Ideas platform experience and talk about their Ideas and projects.

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow editing an entry you have posted for say 12hrs.

The images I posted look rough on my recent Dream Holiday entry "Cow Dreams", but they were fine before I uploaded them. I'd like to try uploading again but I don't have that option. Once they have been approved that's fair enough and I understand I have to accept it.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Random project viewing

Currently there are three options to view projects: top, new and most support. How about a 'random' option? It would be nice to just randomly scroll through projects. Currently when you click further on the proposed other projects at the bottom, after a certain time you get into a loop of the same proposed projects. A 'random' button would avoid this.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep Me Updated...

I've just noticed that there are no options in the settings to notify one when a Saved Project has posted an update. I miss having this notification feature from both the standing of a project supporter and submitter and I believe having this setting option is important for member's projects for a variety of reasons. When a member makes a change or to add something to their project, you'll get feedback on it from a different point of view from a member who has already supported based on your first version than from a member who has seen all your…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When "Awaiting Resubmission", the site should let the user know which images need to be changed.

As it stands, you have to just guess which images need to be changed

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an "I don't support" option to projects, which then filters them out by default

This would make it realistic for regular users to view all new projects. They look at every project once, and give it a thumbs up or down, then next time they visit they can see only the new projects, without their view being cluttered up with projects they already supported or decided they wouldn't.
    (Idea from blog post comment by HonorableSqueamishJay, copied here so it can gather votes)

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require a piece count

Make it a requirement when post new projects that an approximate piece count be added to the listing so when someone supports the project and is asked to say how much they would pay, we have a better idea of what the cost of a set would be based on the number of pieces

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restrict the voting process, Introduction of voting limits

In the first and second review period, an incredible number of projects made it into the review.
    The reason for this is an unlimited possibility of voting. Some accounts shows more than 2.000 votes per year.To avoid this:

• Limit the number of votes to 150 per year or 50 review period. (max 300/year or 100/period)
    • Re-introduction of the poll before supporting a project.
    38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do a yearly second chance review

Every year, as “Christmas gift” to the community, the board could re-evaluate all the product ideas that were not given the green light for production during the year’s review periods. Similar to the 10th anniversary contest, but on an annual basis. (The special anniversary reviews could still happen by reaching farther back into your archives.) Lots of times, let’s be honest, reviews can sometimes flop. This can allow some of the “best” projects of the year to get a second chance! I’d be quite a bit of work, but I’m sure the community will appreciate it!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please reword "We've saved your support" (and auto create an account when FB login selected)

I've become aware that many people click support and then leave because they believe the support has been saved - "we've saved your support". People believe no further action is required because the support was saved. This is a bit misleading.

Could the message please be reworded, for example:

"Your support is PENDING. Please log in or create an account to complete your support"

Also, if someone does not have an account and clicks FB login, please auto-create the account - this can be done. And there would be no need to ask someone's age when FB can provide that…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Removing and editing the sequence of activities, contests and product ideas entries on user's page

Well the header says it all. Sometimes you're not satisfied with your entry anymore and you'd like to remove it or you just want to show your better submissions higher than others.

Also, since activities entries are shown in squares it almost always cuts of most of the picture and it just look bad (is there a way to make them appear just like a regular contests/product ideas?). Furthermore since I took part in voting for the Afols book thing it now shows it on my page for some reason - it's weird and I'd like to remove it. I…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?