Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Raise the first milestone to 500, and improve the popularity sorting algorithm

Nowadays so many projects are uploaded daily, clodding the platform and making extremely hard to stood up from the crowd and be seen. Raising the first milestone from 100 to 500 would help skimming the projects with potential from the rest.
    Infact, the only way to have visibility is to be on the main page or selected as staff pick, considering that even the popularity sorting algorithm seems to have many flaws (and popularity is the default sorting option).
    I tried many targeted researches for different themes, and the results where never allined with the actual popularity of the projects…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow users to curate what gets recommended below their projects

I’d like to have some control over what shows up in recommended section under my product idea page. That way I could easily direct users to some of my other projects and/or projects that I really like.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Weekly Spotlight" Feature

Here's my idea:
    Every week, there are a bunch of ideas that flow in from the creative minds of MOC makers from around the globe. Only a handful get to be staff picks. We should have a new feature that replaces staff picks!
    Steps:
    1. At the end of each week, the LEGO Ideas staff looks at all the new submissions for that week.
    2. They compile let's say 10 of the top ones, and they put those in the Weekly Spotlight user vote section of the site.
    3. For a few days, maybe 3-5 or so, regular people can…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add 'edit your idea' to the knowledge base

Please add some information as to what happens to your idea . if you edit your idea after it is approved
    Or an article on editing v updates

I.e. you might now have better pictures , or want to reword what you have said a little - you might even have spotted some typos, or have built it in real bricks

We know the images have to be re-approved, but what happens while that happens? Does your idea pause? Do you lose those days? what happens to your existing votes? etc

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Discussion page

When you’re on your main page there are a few choices to choose from they are supporting and saved and follwers and there’s following and then there’s more but what about a page saying discussion where you can talk about account and the account can reply back

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page

I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page as currently it is very laggy and you have to keep scrolling where I stead you could just do one slide and it carries on scrolling. So a change and make it smoother

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Less home page clutter

Have 2 or more rows of IDEAS on the home page.

Technically you have more stuff, but having the ideas so big is kind of annoying, and makes it feel pointless to scroll through

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make a person's username clickable in their support notification so you can follow them

So when you get a comment on your project, it's easy to follow someone because their username is a link to their profile. If you just get told they've supported your project, you then have to search for them under Community to be able to see what else they've supported and to follow them. If their name was a link to their profile in the support notification, the need to search would be removed. Big time saver!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Star Ratings in statistics to be viewed over a specific period of time

Hi! I'm Viv, AKA toastergrl, creator of the "Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone" LEGO Ideas project. I previously suggested a statistics page to see how Product Ideas have been reacted to over time, which I'm very thankful the team has implemented.

Recently, the Ideas team also added private star ratings, to allow feedback to be provided privately. This is an excellent idea, but I'm currently working on a major revision for my Product Idea which might make some of the previous ratings irrelevant.

Would it be possible to look at your Star Ratings over a specific period of time?…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update us more on upcoming LEGO ideas sets

You should give more updates on upcoming LEGO sets.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More accurate "Popular" results

Currently, "Popular" in a contest is filtered by number of recent comments. How about instead it is number of INDIVIDUAL commenters? Comment chains can become very long between one or two users bumping an entry that isn't really that good or popular up the list, and worse yet, you can comment on your own do drive it up. This gives an inaccurate picture of which entries are truly the most "Popular" ones. Of course, you could also keep a filter for most comments separately.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Consider Staff pick of the day or pick of the week

Staff picks appear to get great attention due to their visibility and hence help the ideas creator to increase votes.
    Maybe an idea would be to give the staff pick a time limit e.g. pick of the day and show for one day or pick of the week for one week, and then select different ideas projects as staff picks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Contest entry community review

I have a idea I would like to pitch. What if there was a segment between expert review and crowd vote where we the LEGO IDEAS Community, would take a look at the entries you have selected and make sure there aren't any flaws (custom colors, custom parts, old contest entries,etc) that slipped past the LEGO IDEAS review team and if so, point them out in a small section on the side for reporting problems which will be sent to the team to examine and determine what to do with the entry.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pinning your submissions at your profile page.

A main Idea submission may not be noticed by people who visit the profile site because the person has participated in many Activities and Constests afterwards. It would be great to have the possibility to chose what people see at the beginning of your profile page, for example through pinning a post like in Twitter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Insane Builder Badge

This badge builders would get every time they get 10 builds posted and approved to the voting stage in a month.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Making the background restrictions to just have a white background no matter where it is.

I'm having a problem submitting my projects. I used my bathtub(which is all white) and they are not accepting it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The classification of project themes

I was wondering why some projects did not belong to any of the themes (space, car ...) even if it has a car or space element in the design. I though every project should be categorized into at least one theme.

I suggest labeling each project with its theme(s) in each user's profile and link the theme button to the product idea page for more information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General