Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Create an option to 'favourite' ideas?

Distinct from supporting ideas we think would make good sets, would it be possible to institute a mechanic to the site allowing users to create a list of their personal favourites in particular?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow multiple projects to be submitted at once

There may be some scenarios in which two projects are best launched side by side, therefore having the option to have two projects being reviewed at once would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Different contest types (annual, non-digital, snap contests, etc.)

I'd love to see a range of contest types. But there are a range of contest types, I hear you say! Yes, I agree. Let me explain. For example, there could be an annual contest with no piece limit. There could be the occasional no-digital-entries contest. There could be an occasional 48 hour snap contest with a 500 piece limit (not everyone has weeks to spend on designing contest entries). Etc. etc. etc. I think having a range of contest types would increase the fun, the diversity of builds, and give people with different skills (and different amounts of time…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make your general rules more specific

There are some parts of the rules that are fine, but some are a bit vague. What, exactly, constitutes a minifigure pack? I tried once to post an idea inspired by the small classic space sets, but it was rejected for being a minifig Pack, and I’m not sure why.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How about sort comments by most liked

There are some great comments on this site but when looking for a most liked comment there’s no filter to see most liked comments in the comment section

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lego Comic as a format for a contest

Every Lego magazine has some fun comics.... what about tapping into the creativeness of the community and let them have a go at making a comic (page(s))... with the prize that the comic gets published in a Lego magazine

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 5 New rules for Lego Ideas

A/ Reduce time limit to 1 year (3rd party IP-projects) & 1,5 year (no IP)
    B/ Reduce limits for parts to 1500 parts (3rd IP-projects) & 2000 parts (no IP)
    C/ each project submission created with LDD/stud.io need to give exact part count for proof.
    D/ Reduce vote limit to 5000 votes only for small sets : less then 500 parts, and without 3rd IP) -> This would possibly be the 3rd approved Lego Ideas set per review.

E/ After each review results, permit a temporary vote for all non selected Ideas to go to the next review. Only one…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A guide for adding/uploading/embedding images or animations to your project page.

Some Ideas members have found ways to upload animated images to their idea page, or to have it as their profile picture. Also, in their idea description some have managed to embed images, in addition to the uploaded images. For people (like myself) who don't know anything about code, it would be nice to have a guide, article, or help topic here in the FAQ, explaining you how to do these things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have a way to get back to the spot you were at before you clicked on a project.

When I am looking through the projects, and click on one to look in more detail/support it, then want to go back to continue looking at projects, it takes me back to the top and I have to scroll down to find where I last left off.

The back arrow from a project should take you back to that project's place on the list of projects.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold

Make more restrictive rules and build the milestones around being ready for the model to be manufactured and sold - there's a lot of 3d only submissions that look amazing, but are not necessarily possible to build or models are made with so many bricks that the set would be really expensive and when topped with IP and royalty for the creator, not many people might decide to actually buy such set. Those builds flood the explore list and make it harder for people who actually build their MOCs that they submit, because it's cheaper and often easier to build…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow selling instructions outside the platform if the submission did not reach specific milestone like 1K

It would be cool if people could sell instructions outside the platform if they decided to take it out from the platform IF they did not cross specific milestone. If some submission stopped getting supporters before reaching 1K, it's as good as gone unless either Ideas team will pick it as a staff pick (although they usually seem to only pick from ones already popular in recent time frame) or if the creator will somehow manage to promote it outside the platform, which is really hard without basing it on some IP or having support from a big youtube channel…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mix most supported with random submissions for default explore list and don't show numbers on it

Default explore list is working strongly against new submissions that did not get traction outside the explore list. It is clearly visible by the fact that simple thing as featuring new submission under 100 can greatly increase the initial influx of supporters in first week from just reaching 100 to getting 500 or 1000 supporters easily. This means that a lot of if not most of the users don't look at new submissions.

On top of that, there is a crowd mechanism that makes people vote for what is already popular, "sure to be successful" and people like being part…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Short custom URLs for projects

Some websites let users to create custom URLs for their profiles, pages etc. Would be pretty neat to have this feature on Lego Ideas when submitting a new project.
    For example instead of "https://ideas.lego.com/projects/37381928248..."
    "https://ideas.lego.com/theofficetry34".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save place in the list of product ideas, after supporting one

Every time I look at the product ideas and click on one to take a closer look or support it and return to the main page, I lose my place in the list and have to start all over. I'm relativly new to Lego ideas and want to explore all ideas and not just the ones on top. There are so much great ones between 1000 and 10000, that are just stuck, because no one can find them easily.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add information about required aspect ratio for images (16:9) to IDEAS guidelines article and contests rules.

I rendered images (it took few hours on my pc) in 4:3 ratio and can't resize/ it to correct size with still looking good as only information in contest rule was about minimum 1080 pixels for image.

Information about required ratio should be repeated in Ideas and contests guidelines. For example in contest guidelines after "If possible, the shortest edge should be at least 1080 pixels" should be "Image will require cutting to 16:9 ratio."

Plus i got combo with Stud.io application, where after update i lost all transparent colors, so i cant re-render images again at this time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A preview option when submitting Contest entries

Before submitting Product Ideas a preview page opens up allowing to doublecheck our entry. Why not the same for contests entries? I'm sure it will avoid many mistakes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase

Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase, I might be wrong but it is possible to do so with Product Ideas submissions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A list for all 10K projects

Could you put a "Hall of Fame" section on the site with all the projects that have exceeded 10K votes? Maybe divided into two \ three sections:
    1) for winners, where you submit both the initial winning project and the final Ideas project;
    2) for review finalists;
    3) all other 10K projects
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add some random suggestions at the bottom of product pages

When browsing Product Ideas, I often find myself more or less at a dead end, because the related content at the bottom of the page holds no interest for me, or I've seen it all before.
    If there was an additional row of randomly selected ideas to browse, it would help users keep browsing new and interesting content and stay engaged with the site for longer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General