I suggest you ...

Require a piece count

Make it a requirement when post new projects that an approximate piece count be added to the listing so when someone supports the project and is asked to say how much they would pay, we have a better idea of what the cost of a set would be based on the number of pieces

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nichole shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MatthewRC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe a piece count should be optional. Just in case users couldn’t keep track of how many pieces their product ideas have, they could just leave that field blank.

• Sleepy17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Carter Johnson on this. Plus we don't have to take the serve anymore.

• ArmoredBricks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Carter Johnson. Lego often drastically redesigns sets (like ship in a bottle) changing the piece count anyway. As long as the model's not too big, it shouldn't be an issue. We no longer have to guess price in the fan survey now anyway.

• Carter Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good idea, but also a bad idea. For people who use software like LDcad and LDD it is very easy to acquire a count, but people who have built amazing things in real life would have to tediously disassemble their builds and then count every piece one by one to get an accurate measure. The only two benefits I can see to this would be the ability to judge price, but it isn't very difficult as-is, and the ability to estimate how long it would take to build the kit. which is also not that much of a problem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base