App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)
Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated
What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.
- Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
- It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there is assignable work. Current metric for time estimation/critical path determination is partcount. Inclusion of other criteria for decision making possible.
- Organizes material flow of subassemblies through pass requests. Pass requests are targeted messages formulated by the server to tell participants who to pass subassemblies they built to, as soon as they are needed.
- As demonstrated by the prototype, it can be implemented on web standard, hence it is platform and device independent as it can be run in any modern browser.
- Plan structures are extracted by algorithm from plan data
The algorithmic determination of the structure trees allows direct transformation of regular instructions, on which the teams work. Hence community members as much as Lego herself can insert models quickly without changing the layout of the instructions. This becomes fully automatable when an interface between design software and server is developed. Web-Editor using images and part library is current state.