General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Show the most recent submissions under "Product Ideas" as default

After the latest update it shows "top" results instead of "most recent". New submissions will not be noticed by many with this setting as a default unless you have many followers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Require a piece count

Make it a requirement when post new projects that an approximate piece count be added to the listing so when someone supports the project and is asked to say how much they would pay, we have a better idea of what the cost of a set would be based on the number of pieces

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Revise your Restricted IP as a narrow list

Currently, the article with Restricted Intellectual Properties is somewhat difficult for people to find what intellectual properties does not allow. Is there any chance you could revise the Restricted IP's as a long and narrow list?

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let the main image be a GIF file or similar (some kind of repeatable image sequence).

I have repeated watched extremely creative and thought-filled and well-worked-out projects be completely ignored (and consequently, expire unsupported), simply because the main image does not "grab attention" well enough. I think if the main image could move, it would allow users to show more aspects and functions of their creations all at one glance. It would take a little skill to create them, but who knows, maybe Lego Ideas could have a tutorial for how to create GIF files, or better yet, maybe they could create an on-site GIF creator.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Lego emojis

It would be very cool, if when you're typing out a comment or a description, or even THIS right here, if you add could add a emoji to show how you feel. But why stop there? I think Lego emojis would just be strait up awesome. A Lego emoji would be like a normal emoji, but with a Lego head. If you like this idea, then please vote on it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do something special when membership reaches 1,000,000.

The LEGO Ideas community may reach one million members before the end of 2019. If not then, it will certainly hit that number early in 2020. Please begin planning a special contest and/or event to celebrate that landmark in membership and participation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. activate the "go back one page arrow"

After voting for a project it would be nice to be able to go back to where you were. Now you have to scroll down that list again and again if you want to support multiple projects.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Grand Prize and Runner-Up Winner Badge

With former LEGO Rebrick being incorporated into LEGO Ideas, building contests have become a big part of the site and an exciting addition to the already awesome product submissions. I suggest that 2 new badges be added to the lineup to more seamlessly blend the 2 distinct functionalities of the site. The "Grand Prize Winner" badge and the "Runner-Up" badge.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easier to edit the profile

I have tried editing my profile and customizing my avatar on LEGO Ideas, however your site is NOT letting me do so. I have tried looking on your FAQ's and other sites but in summation: all the information is WORTHLESS.
    So can you please make it easier to customize my LEGO Ideas avatar or tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me how to customize it

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an "I don't support" option to projects, which then filters them out by default

This would make it realistic for regular users to view all new projects. They look at every project once, and give it a thumbs up or down, then next time they visit they can see only the new projects, without their view being cluttered up with projects they already supported or decided they wouldn't.
    (Idea from blog post comment by HonorableSqueamishJay, copied here so it can gather votes)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let me delete my own stuff like product ideas or my MOCs that I have entered into a contest

I want to be able to easily delete my MOCs that I have submitted so that I don't have to write an email to the Admin to get help. I don't want to wait that long!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Updates More Visible

I don't know how to do this. Maybe somehow display any pictures in an update alongside those on the main page, or add the text of an update onto the end of the description, but those aren't the greatest ideas, so if you have a better way to do this, add it in a comment. Or maybe just make a really big button around the "Updates" tab so that people know they are there.
    I just feel like no one who is not already interested in a project looks at updates, even though an update might ave been (if they…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like the link to work for LDD

I like the idea of making a Harley Davidson. The problem is I don't have many LEGOS or space to build in right now. The app would be a brilliant solution, but the link provided said it's no longer supported. I run Chrome. My mobile is an Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)

Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated

German reference:

https://www.promobricks.de/soziales-bauen-lego-interview-dominik-brachmanski

What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.

Features:
    - Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
    - It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base