Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Parts list requirement for estimated price visible on submission

Platform should strive to make voting about whether people would want and be able to buy a set and not just whether they like it and want to be the part of its success.

Users should see estimated price for the potential set being sold and they should be also educated when placing support that this means they would like to buy such set for such price.

Estimation could be based on bricklink brick cost estimate with added royalties, estimated packaging costs etc.

Potentially this could go toward extreme implementation like selecting support type between "I'd like to have it",…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve Blog UI; Search, Tagging, Linking, etc

• Make the blog searchable
    • Blog posts seem to have tags, but they aren't interactable? Make the tags consistent and searchable
    • When announcing review results, provide a link back to the original "review qualifying" page - the image of all the review qualifers with the ticks and crosses is too small for me to work out what the projects were (an increasing problems with the numbers qualifying now?)

Basically, I want to be able to find just the posts about 10k qualifiers and the review results (and other might want to juist know about competitions or interviews!). If there's a way…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. An idea to change the order of projects on the homepage every week. To give every project a fair chance.

My suggestion is to change the order of the projects on the homepage every week. Randomly. Perhaps it is fair to do this with the ideas that have obtained 100 supporters. Those that are on top get so many votes within a very short time. I think that they will now also reach 10K within weeks. If you would change it weekly or within two weeks ... maybe it helps to decrease the amount of 10K projects in a short time.

I also get the impression that only projects that have been built digitally get the most votes. Other projects…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make unsuccessful 10,000 vote ideas that aren't made into sets, instructions available in Bricklinks studio.

There have been many good ideas builds that have gone through the process of reaching 10,000 votes only to be curtailed at the last hurdle.
    Now that you own Bricklink, would it be possible for the unsuccessful builds to be made available as do it yourself builds in Studio so any person that may have voted and would still like to build the unsuccessful idea can use the platform to do so?

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set the default sorting mechanism to "newest" for the Lego House Ideas contest

Since it's sorted by "popular", everyone sees the most popular first and is more likely to engage, leading to a feedback loop. It also just makes more sense to sort by "newest" by default.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save place in the list of product ideas, after supporting one

Every time I look at the product ideas and click on one to take a closer look or support it and return to the main page, I lose my place in the list and have to start all over. I'm relativly new to Lego ideas and want to explore all ideas and not just the ones on top. There are so much great ones between 1000 and 10000, that are just stuck, because no one can find them easily.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keep up the great contests, and choose only one model per chosen builder

Contests are awesome, and many great builds are submitted these days! To give more people a chance (especially in the LEGO House contest), only one build would be chosen for the fan vote from one builder, I.e., no LEGO Ideas user could have multiple builds go to the vote and/or win a contest. This would allow more awesome builders to be featured.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add some random suggestions at the bottom of product pages

When browsing Product Ideas, I often find myself more or less at a dead end, because the related content at the bottom of the page holds no interest for me, or I've seen it all before.
    If there was an additional row of randomly selected ideas to browse, it would help users keep browsing new and interesting content and stay engaged with the site for longer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Contest Entry Submission Process Issue

The contest system does not allow for additional contest entries to be submitted if there is already an entry in the Awaiting Approval state. This prevents users from submitting multiple entries and from correcting errors in their entry before the deadline.

On LEGO Ideas Contests, the “How It Works” section of the rules state that “We recommend submitting your entry 2-3 days before the deadline in the event we have to return it to you for changes. “ Most contests end on Monday which means that 2-3 days before the deadline is during the weekend and the Moderation staff does not…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Do a yearly second chance review

Every year, as “Christmas gift” to the community, the board could re-evaluate all the product ideas that were not given the green light for production during the year’s review periods. Similar to the 10th anniversary contest, but on an annual basis. (The special anniversary reviews could still happen by reaching farther back into your archives.) Lots of times, let’s be honest, reviews can sometimes flop. This can allow some of the “best” projects of the year to get a second chance! I’d be quite a bit of work, but I’m sure the community will appreciate it!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the profile page so I can see my "archived" project ideas again.

Only my "expired" ideas are present in my contributions list. I can still access my "archived" ideas through links in my email and notifications menu, but nobody else can see my best ideas! I think this bug applies to everyone, because I can't find anyone else's archived ideas either.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A list for all 10K projects

Could you put a "Hall of Fame" section on the site with all the projects that have exceeded 10K votes? Maybe divided into two \ three sections:
    1) for winners, where you submit both the initial winning project and the final Ideas project;
    2) for review finalists;
    3) all other 10K projects
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase

Being able to delete contest entries when in 'awaiting approval' phase, I might be wrong but it is possible to do so with Product Ideas submissions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A preview option when submitting Contest entries

Before submitting Product Ideas a preview page opens up allowing to doublecheck our entry. Why not the same for contests entries? I'm sure it will avoid many mistakes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pick one of your Project images as your banner

Could be a cover image or an additional image. (Update images not allowed). These would already be approved during the submition of a project so you would not have to worry about people misusing this feature.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add information about required aspect ratio for images (16:9) to IDEAS guidelines article and contests rules.

I rendered images (it took few hours on my pc) in 4:3 ratio and can't resize/ it to correct size with still looking good as only information in contest rule was about minimum 1080 pixels for image.

Information about required ratio should be repeated in Ideas and contests guidelines. For example in contest guidelines after "If possible, the shortest edge should be at least 1080 pixels" should be "Image will require cutting to 16:9 ratio."

Plus i got combo with Stud.io application, where after update i lost all transparent colors, so i cant re-render images again at this time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Voting Process based on ever earned VIP Points

If you earned for example 10.000 VIP Points, you could Support 10 Projects a Week, even if you already spent those Points. This would limit the insane Votes of People that might not even buy the Sets they Vote for since many Vote for several thousand Projects. There could be a small base number of Votes like one a day for entirely new People. This would limit the vote exploitation that is currently going on.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Short custom URLs for projects

Some websites let users to create custom URLs for their profiles, pages etc. Would be pretty neat to have this feature on Lego Ideas when submitting a new project.
    For example instead of "https://ideas.lego.com/projects/37381928248..."
    "https://ideas.lego.com/theofficetry34".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mix most supported with random submissions for default explore list and don't show numbers on it

Default explore list is working strongly against new submissions that did not get traction outside the explore list. It is clearly visible by the fact that simple thing as featuring new submission under 100 can greatly increase the initial influx of supporters in first week from just reaching 100 to getting 500 or 1000 supporters easily. This means that a lot of if not most of the users don't look at new submissions.

On top of that, there is a crowd mechanism that makes people vote for what is already popular, "sure to be successful" and people like being part…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General