Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Please separate real LEGO builds from digital builds during Contests

When submitting entries for Contests, I believe there should be two categories: one for creations using real life LEGO bricks, and ones created digitally using LEGO simulation software. When building digitally, builders have access to infinitely more parts in a much wider variety of colours, putting physical builders at a significant disadvantage. And while digitally rendered entries are often extremely impressive, I do feel it provides a somewhat unfair advantage to digital builders over builders using real bricks. Hence why I feel there should be two categories (and thus two prize pools)- one for entries built using physical LEGO bricks,…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make A Lego Ideas App For Android & Apple Mobile & Tablet Devices

I would really like to see LEGO IDEAS to take it one step further and make an app for the Lego Ideas website and then fans like myself could use the app on their mobile or tablet device it would be really cool to use this and would be more convenient for people to access LEGO IDEAS especially in the world we are all in today as people are using their mobile and tablet devices even more.

334 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Insane Builder Badge

This badge builders would get every time they get 10 builds posted and approved to the voting stage in a month.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a “Resubmit Project Button” after project expires

Each time a user’s product idea expires, he or she would have to recreate the expired project all over again from scratch. I’d personally love to see an easier way to resubmit expired product ideas without having to recreate it again as a new project. Maybe a “Resubmit Project” button would be very helpful!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Consider Staff pick of the day or pick of the week

Staff picks appear to get great attention due to their visibility and hence help the ideas creator to increase votes.
    Maybe an idea would be to give the staff pick a time limit e.g. pick of the day and show for one day or pick of the week for one week, and then select different ideas projects as staff picks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contest format idea -> Video / brickfilm

In the past Rebrick hosted some great brickfilm contests. Maybe Lego Ideas could also host such a contest in the future.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. prioritize resubmitted projects in approval

It takes 2-3 days, and if one has to keep re-taking pictures, it would be helpful to know in advance.
    Also it should be fairly easy, as you only have to check if the defective part is fixed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dark theme option

i would like to switch to a darker theme for the ideas site. the blinding white could hurt people's eyes. (maybe represent it with a blacklight bulb?)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More accurate "Popular" results

Currently, "Popular" in a contest is filtered by number of recent comments. How about instead it is number of INDIVIDUAL commenters? Comment chains can become very long between one or two users bumping an entry that isn't really that good or popular up the list, and worse yet, you can comment on your own do drive it up. This gives an inaccurate picture of which entries are truly the most "Popular" ones. Of course, you could also keep a filter for most comments separately.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pinning your submissions at your profile page.

A main Idea submission may not be noticed by people who visit the profile site because the person has participated in many Activities and Constests afterwards. It would be great to have the possibility to chose what people see at the beginning of your profile page, for example through pinning a post like in Twitter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contest entry community review

I have a idea I would like to pitch. What if there was a segment between expert review and crowd vote where we the LEGO IDEAS Community, would take a look at the entries you have selected and make sure there aren't any flaws (custom colors, custom parts, old contest entries,etc) that slipped past the LEGO IDEAS review team and if so, point them out in a small section on the side for reporting problems which will be sent to the team to examine and determine what to do with the entry.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Clarify Dates for Projects

Please add dates to Project Ideas. Currently, the only way I know of to see when it was posted, or to see when it achieved a certain number of supporters, is to look at the rough dates on comments or update. I think that on the statistics page it should also show a timeline showing how long it took to reach each level, and when it happened.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should ba a page we’re you give ideas but do not have to create them yourself

We should be able to suggest ideas whether too complex for us to build or from something like Star Wars and then have the LEGO team or other users to review and maybe create them

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't put the contest entries in the main discover page.

Now we are having a lot of great contests and i always love to participate it. But now the discover page is always full of contest entries and there is not much space for the product ideas. I know that we can use the filter, but not everyone will go to scroll down for new ideas every time or use the filter. I notice with my previous projects that most of the supporters comes in the first few days after submission, when they go down the page will be hard to gain supporters, even with the help of social media,…

162 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 New rules for Lego Ideas

A/ Reduce time limit to 1 year (3rd party IP-projects) & 1,5 year (no IP)
    B/ Reduce limits for parts to 1500 parts (3rd IP-projects) & 2000 parts (no IP)
    C/ each project submission created with LDD/stud.io need to give exact part count for proof.
    D/ Reduce vote limit to 5000 votes only for small sets : less then 500 parts, and without 3rd IP) -> This would possibly be the 3rd approved Lego Ideas set per review.

E/ After each review results, permit a temporary vote for all non selected Ideas to go to the next review. Only one…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

116 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General