Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Profile Comment/News list

Implement a short commentar list on each profile. Not relevant for a specific Idea or contest just in general for the useres to get in conntact with others, write something you are working on, get a feedback to your profile and Ideas.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add an "I don't support" option to projects, which then filters them out by default

This would make it realistic for regular users to view all new projects. They look at every project once, and give it a thumbs up or down, then next time they visit they can see only the new projects, without their view being cluttered up with projects they already supported or decided they wouldn't.
    (Idea from blog post comment by HonorableSqueamishJay, copied here so it can gather votes)

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Skill categories for competitions

Why not introduce different categories based on skill for competitions. Obviously skill level is quite subjective but it could be based on things like previous winers, 10k product ideas etc in the top category, runners up and maybe people with over 1000 likes on a product idea in the middle category and people who’ve not submitted many ideas or been on the site for long in the beginner category. Something like that, give everyone a chance to win, maybe encourage more entries, just an idea. :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make A Private Message Inbox

I really like the new LEGO Ideas online platform experience, but I would love to see a private message inbox so then Lego Ideas users could privately message each other on the LEGO Ideas platform experience and talk about their Ideas and projects.

92 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Random project viewing

Currently there are three options to view projects: top, new and most support. How about a 'random' option? It would be nice to just randomly scroll through projects. Currently when you click further on the proposed other projects at the bottom, after a certain time you get into a loop of the same proposed projects. A 'random' button would avoid this.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide the ability to crop the preview image without having to cut the main title image.

So I have 2 Product Ideas currently up on LEGO Ideas. However, I have an issue with the submission of photos when it comes to the main image. While I do think it's nice to be able to crop pictures, I'd appreciate the ability to crop the preview picture you see while browsing without damaging the main image on your project page. Currently, both of my project preview photos aren't cropped the way I want them, but I know that if I do try to crop them, it's just going to cause the main title image to be cut.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. open crowdfunding for those models that reach 10k but do not get picked to become a real set

There are many beautiful rejected 10k models that people would love to have. You recently released several models through the Brick Link coop. Why not do so for all the 10k models (those that do not have any license problems) so that more models would become available?
    It would also be another incentive to post models, because you would actually get to see your model being made after 2,5 years of hard work at designing and promoting.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make a person's username clickable in their support notification so you can follow them

So when you get a comment on your project, it's easy to follow someone because their username is a link to their profile. If you just get told they've supported your project, you then have to search for them under Community to be able to see what else they've supported and to follow them. If their name was a link to their profile in the support notification, the need to search would be removed. Big time saver!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update us more on upcoming LEGO ideas sets

You should give more updates on upcoming LEGO sets.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create an Open Forum/Blog for Community Questions/Requests

Within the LEGO Ideas Community, please add a forum for discussion, ideas, advice, and questions. This should be open to all members and moderated. LEGO Ideas staff may not have to be the only moderators. Volunteers could be screened and selected.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Streamline the voting process, especially for mobile users

Three ideas to streamline voting, which really puts people off, especially on mobiles:

• Remove the age page, or make it easier, like "Are you above 18? Y/N"
    • Do not require entry of a confirmation code to vote. This extra step really annoys people, slows down the process, and turns them away. It also makes it harder to vote using mobiles.
    • The site must be designed with mobile phones in mind, not laptops, as that is where most people use the internet now. Right now the back-and-forth confirmation is so clunky on a mobile, that people will abandon the process.
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easier Support of a Model

Is it possible to make supporting easier, maybe just click on where it has the number of supporters of that project, the blue circley thing. I sometimes find that I don't support a project that I would normally just because it takes to much time to click on the project and view it's page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Do another Special Review every once in a while

When the International Space Station won the Special Review last year, many fans were thrilled. I’d personally like to see the Special Review happen again one day. There are many Rejected product ideas that deserve a second chance. Maybe do more Special Reviews once a year or less often, perhaps?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keep Me Updated...

I've just noticed that there are no options in the settings to notify one when a Saved Project has posted an update. I miss having this notification feature from both the standing of a project supporter and submitter and I believe having this setting option is important for member's projects for a variety of reasons. When a member makes a change or to add something to their project, you'll get feedback on it from a different point of view from a member who has already supported based on your first version than from a member who has seen all your…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put Staff Picks on the top of the home page that day

Currently not many people know when projects receive a staff pick, only the people who had saved the project. It would be awesome if they got put at the top of the home page that day (where JacobM366's activity poll is now).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General