General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide the ability to crop the preview image without having to cut the main title image.

So I have 2 Product Ideas currently up on LEGO Ideas. However, I have an issue with the submission of photos when it comes to the main image. While I do think it's nice to be able to crop pictures, I'd appreciate the ability to crop the preview picture you see while browsing without damaging the main image on your project page. Currently, both of my project preview photos aren't cropped the way I want them, but I know that if I do try to crop them, it's just going to cause the main title image to be cut.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. activate the "go back one page arrow"

After voting for a project it would be nice to be able to go back to where you were. Now you have to scroll down that list again and again if you want to support multiple projects.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You should allow multiple contest submissions to be entered at the same time.

Not allowing new contest entries while one is being verified makes it so that the process of uploading entries takes a lot longer, and sometimes make it impossible to enter all of your designs before the end of the submission phase.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Lego emojis

It would be very cool, if when you're typing out a comment or a description, or even THIS right here, if you add could add a emoji to show how you feel. But why stop there? I think Lego emojis would just be strait up awesome. A Lego emoji would be like a normal emoji, but with a Lego head. If you like this idea, then please vote on it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable comments on project updates

Currently, making updates is a bit of a one-way void.

The designer doesn’t really have any idea if they are improving or harming their chances of getting support.

Enabling comments on updates would provide many benefits for all users (including LEGO Group). It would:

1. Engage supporters in the design process

2. Provide immediate feedback to the designer

3. Encourage the designer to continually improve the model

4. Give LEGO much more insight into the viability of a project

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like the link to work for LDD

I like the idea of making a Harley Davidson. The problem is I don't have many LEGOS or space to build in right now. The app would be a brilliant solution, but the link provided said it's no longer supported. I run Chrome. My mobile is an Android.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)

Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated

German reference:

https://www.promobricks.de/soziales-bauen-lego-interview-dominik-brachmanski

What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.

Features:
    - Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
    - It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create 3 categories by ages and piece count

The first criteria for most AFOLs (=the voters) is the esthetic of the designs. In general, complex and detailed designs get much more votes then the small sets. But the LEGO board of designers refuses most of these big sets because they are too complex and they need to aim a market for ages much smaler than the 16+.

Lego missed many sets that could have been very interesting for their development because of this contradiction.

To help these smaller sets, I suggest the creation of a classification by piece count and ages, in the same way it already exists…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simultanious contest entries

I have had trouble with entering contests because I made multiple entries, and photographed them all in the same shoot to avoid setting up the sheets and cameras too many times. I went to enter them when there were about 10 days left and realized that there was no way that I could submit all of them doing it one at a time with 2 days between, and any rejections. I would guess that I am not the only one who has experienced such issues of possibility and convenience and propose that Ideas should allow one user to have multiple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would love to see a way to view old blog posts easier than it is now.

It is really hard to find older blog posts now and I would like that to change.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set up a Build help request

Set up a Build help request so we can ask other members for design ideas on new builds. Such as suggested parts or actual builds pictures to illustrate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Best Things in Life Too Can Be Free

The prizes given away in the contests are really Awesome, but I would like to see some non-monetary prizes given out along side of them that would also give members an even more engaging way to participate in the contests. A vote for your favorite entries after the contest closes might be a fun way for all members to have a part in the contests while awaiting for the results from the judges. A special 'Fan Favorite' badge could be awarded, and this is the cool part, it doesn't need to be given just to the top one but it…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make an RSS feed for the Ideas blog

I'd much rather read this through a feed reader than email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Less home page clutter

Have 2 or more rows of IDEAS on the home page.

Technically you have more stuff, but having the ideas so big is kind of annoying, and makes it feel pointless to scroll through

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Automatic Post-saving

Since one of the recent changes, there is now such a thing as "Saving" Posts (The equivalent of what used to be "following" them)
    However, when you support a project, you automatically save it, which can be annoying because to un-save you have to reload the page and hit the unsave button. I think it would be better just to be able to save a post when you want to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base