General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Editor's Top 5 Ideas for 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporters

I know that a lot of Ideas can get forgotten in the mid supporter range. I think there should be Editor's picks for the 0-99, 100-999, 1000-4999, and 5000-10000 supporter range.

And then include them in the weekly digest email. Just like you already are with the top five under 100. You don't have to necessarily have top five maybe just three of two, but still I think it will really help projects get recognized.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "my favorite vote" option

Every member can attribute his "favorite vote" to only one project (but not his own)

Some members vote for many many projects, but there is no distinction as to what project they really prefer.

This "favorite vote" can be taken back and re-attributed at any time.

The "support" button would simply change into "my favorite",
    the overview of supported projects is already available.
    A popup message would show up if already gave your favorite vote to another project "this action will remove your favorite vote from another project. Do you wish to apply it here anyway?"

To go even further,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create 3 categories by ages and piece count

The first criteria for most AFOLs (=the voters) is the esthetic of the designs. In general, complex and detailed designs get much more votes then the small sets. But the LEGO board of designers refuses most of these big sets because they are too complex and they need to aim a market for ages much smaler than the 16+.

Lego missed many sets that could have been very interesting for their development because of this contradiction.

To help these smaller sets, I suggest the creation of a classification by piece count and ages, in the same way it already exists…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow LEGO Ideas users to delete their own expired product ideas

I’d like to have an option to easily delete LEGO Ideas projects that have already expired. The only current way to delete them is to report the expired project commenting that you want to have it deleted.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Improvements

Could you make it so that when you support an idea and the suggested projects pop up, it will only show you protects you haven’t yet supported.

And also could you make some sort of way to identify whilst in the discovery page what projects you have and haven’t yet supported

And could you make the like button not werd

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an "I don't support" option to projects, which then filters them out by default

This would make it realistic for regular users to view all new projects. They look at every project once, and give it a thumbs up or down, then next time they visit they can see only the new projects, without their view being cluttered up with projects they already supported or decided they wouldn't.
    (Idea from blog post comment by HonorableSqueamishJay, copied here so it can gather votes)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Updates More Visible

I don't know how to do this. Maybe somehow display any pictures in an update alongside those on the main page, or add the text of an update onto the end of the description, but those aren't the greatest ideas, so if you have a better way to do this, add it in a comment. Or maybe just make a really big button around the "Updates" tab so that people know they are there.
    I just feel like no one who is not already interested in a project looks at updates, even though an update might ave been (if they…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to see a way to view old blog posts easier than it is now.

It is really hard to find older blog posts now and I would like that to change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Let the main image be a GIF file or similar (some kind of repeatable image sequence).

I have repeated watched extremely creative and thought-filled and well-worked-out projects be completely ignored (and consequently, expire unsupported), simply because the main image does not "grab attention" well enough. I think if the main image could move, it would allow users to show more aspects and functions of their creations all at one glance. It would take a little skill to create them, but who knows, maybe Lego Ideas could have a tutorial for how to create GIF files, or better yet, maybe they could create an on-site GIF creator.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide More Visibility to Projects Stuck at 1-5k

I think most of us have seen it happen. A project is popular for a week or two. Then new projects come in and the first project quickly becomes buried, never to be seen again. It’s not that the project can’t gather support, it’s just that no one can even find the project to promote it.

This hidden zone also hinders unlicensed projects more than licensed projects. While licensed projects can find fan clubs around their license, unlicensed projects don’t always have the liberty to find large groups of people already organized around their project theme

I’m not sure what…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Other than themes, introduce categories by number of supporters

Hi guys, the new themes categories seems a good idea. Maybe you might consider to have categories by number of supporters as well (500club, 1kclub, 3kclub, 5kclub). Projects gets a lot of supporters in the first 2/3 weeks, with the top5 under 100 supporters and with the staff's pick. Especially if they go in the trending page. After that the numbers of supporters decrease drastically. It could be a good idea to get more visibility to "older" projects. Now seems that either you reach 10k in few weeks or maybe never.
    I hope it will be a good feedback

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Build a project management/analytics hub

Hi! I'm toastergrl, creator of the "Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone" ideas project. The road to 10,000 is difficult and fraught with missteps sometimes, and it's not always clear what helps and what doesn't. I'd like to suggest an "analytics hub" (not accessible to the public, just to the project's creator) to allow users of the LEGO Ideas platform to track the progress of their project.

For example, a graph of supporters-per-day would help those who had to take a few days away from their project to catch up on schoolwork or their job. Other potential features could include…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page

I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page as currently it is very laggy and you have to keep scrolling where I stead you could just do one slide and it carries on scrolling. So a change and make it smoother

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Lego emojis

It would be very cool, if when you're typing out a comment or a description, or even THIS right here, if you add could add a emoji to show how you feel. But why stop there? I think Lego emojis would just be strait up awesome. A Lego emoji would be like a normal emoji, but with a Lego head. If you like this idea, then please vote on it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Random project viewing

Currently there are three options to view projects: top, new and most support. How about a 'random' option? It would be nice to just randomly scroll through projects. Currently when you click further on the proposed other projects at the bottom, after a certain time you get into a loop of the same proposed projects. A 'random' button would avoid this.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Don't require clicking an activate link AND inputting a code for a new account

Its a useless step in the account creation process

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove Automatic Post-saving

Since one of the recent changes, there is now such a thing as "Saving" Posts (The equivalent of what used to be "following" them)
    However, when you support a project, you automatically save it, which can be annoying because to un-save you have to reload the page and hit the unsave button. I think it would be better just to be able to save a post when you want to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get additional days per 1k supporters for projects

Seeing projects expire and just lose all supporters is so so so heartbreaking. Please add additional months or days for projects that exceed every thousand supporters. That or if people resubmit a project that expires it has the amount of supporters it had before it expired.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base