General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Do another Special Review every once in a while

When the International Space Station won the Special Review last year, many fans were thrilled. I’d personally like to see the Special Review happen again one day. There are many Rejected product ideas that deserve a second chance. Maybe do more Special Reviews once a year or less often, perhaps?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tell contest participants how their entries did

After the winner is announced in a contest, I think that participants should be shown the scores they got in each judging category (relevance to theme, coolness/originality, etc.) so that they may know the strengths and weaknesses of their build, and use this information to improve future contest entries.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Star Ratings in statistics to be viewed over a specific period of time

Hi! I'm Viv, AKA toastergrl, creator of the "Sonic Mania - Green Hill Zone" LEGO Ideas project. I previously suggested a statistics page to see how Product Ideas have been reacted to over time, which I'm very thankful the team has implemented.

Recently, the Ideas team also added private star ratings, to allow feedback to be provided privately. This is an excellent idea, but I'm currently working on a major revision for my Product Idea which might make some of the previous ratings irrelevant.

Would it be possible to look at your Star Ratings over a specific period of time?…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lego Comic as a format for a contest

Every Lego magazine has some fun comics.... what about tapping into the creativeness of the community and let them have a go at making a comic (page(s))... with the prize that the comic gets published in a Lego magazine

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contest format idea -> Video / brickfilm

In the past Rebrick hosted some great brickfilm contests. Maybe Lego Ideas could also host such a contest in the future.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Product Ideas as default in "Product Ideas" tab (instead of "top")

I think that new entries have lack of attention because of the "top" entries order. We had separate "top" tab and that war correct decision.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a person's username clickable in their support notification so you can follow them

So when you get a comment on your project, it's easy to follow someone because their username is a link to their profile. If you just get told they've supported your project, you then have to search for them under Community to be able to see what else they've supported and to follow them. If their name was a link to their profile in the support notification, the need to search would be removed. Big time saver!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send a notification when someone you followed has a new Product Idea approved.

It would be nice to get a notification when someone you follow posts a new product idea. Right now I don't see the point of following anybody. If I want to see if brickybrick has submitted a new idea, I have to scroll to the very bottom of my follower list to find his profile, or look through hundreds of recently submitted ideas. This notification would change that by instantly letting you know that "Brickybrick has submitted a new idea: Modular Skyscraper! Click to view."

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Put Staff Picks on the top of the home page that day

Currently not many people know when projects receive a staff pick, only the people who had saved the project. It would be awesome if they got put at the top of the home page that day (where JacobM366's activity poll is now).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create an Open Forum/Blog for Community Questions/Requests

Within the LEGO Ideas Community, please add a forum for discussion, ideas, advice, and questions. This should be open to all members and moderated. LEGO Ideas staff may not have to be the only moderators. Volunteers could be screened and selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.

Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.
    I understand that competition entries need to be moderated to make sure that they comply with the competition rules and Lego standards but being unable to edit or update an entry means that if a person wants to update or edit they have to re-submit it as a new entry. This means losing conversation threads or support as the new entry is not connected to the original. Would it be possible to have update as an option with updated entries going back into submission phase to be moderated and once re-approved…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. LLD app

LEGO Digital designer on phone

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove support for an Idea

As long as an Idea hasn't hit the 10.000 supporter mark, it can change by updates en edits. But as an supporter, you can't remove your support when the idea changes. I'd like to be able to remove my support, when an idea has changed, so the creator of the idea thinks carefully when changing a idea.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easier Support of a Model

Is it possible to make supporting easier, maybe just click on where it has the number of supporters of that project, the blue circley thing. I sometimes find that I don't support a project that I would normally just because it takes to much time to click on the project and view it's page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide the ability to crop the preview image without having to cut the main title image.

So I have 2 Product Ideas currently up on LEGO Ideas. However, I have an issue with the submission of photos when it comes to the main image. While I do think it's nice to be able to crop pictures, I'd appreciate the ability to crop the preview picture you see while browsing without damaging the main image on your project page. Currently, both of my project preview photos aren't cropped the way I want them, but I know that if I do try to crop them, it's just going to cause the main title image to be cut.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base