General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. Prevent liking your own comments (and thus remove "fake" Socializer Badges)

Well, since my proposal struck some chords in the comments of the last Updates blog (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d443ce19-6160-425a-abce-45f7999740a1?comment_uuid=e97fa46d-4583-4c72-a0c1-aa586c6933ba ), I'll post it here too:

With this introduction of new Badges, I propose a small measure without much pretension, that could bring a little salubrity in the comments, if it's not too complex to implement:
    prevent voting for your own comments, and if possible retroactively remove all the "self-likes" that could have led some Socializer Badges to be misallocated.

I think that could lead some people to refrain from commenting, or at least encourage them to do so only for good and…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return to browsing what you were browsing.

When you scroll down the discovery page you first hit a button 'see more projects'. When you look at a specific project (clicking on it and reading its page) and go back to where you were, you return to the top of the discover page. Is it possible to return to where you were last on the list? So that you don't have to scroll all the way down again. Or would that invade privacy because you'd have to record where someone was last?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Promoter Badge

The Promoter Badge would be awarded to members every time they support 100 product ideas.

This new award would encourage more members to support more product ideas, thus giving them a larger chance to reach 10,000 supporters before they expire.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We can visit digital building whenever we want without downloading it

This is why,we don't have LDD so people don't have to download it but just use it.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easier to edit the profile

I have tried editing my profile and customizing my avatar on LEGO Ideas, however your site is NOT letting me do so. I have tried looking on your FAQ's and other sites but in summation: all the information is WORTHLESS.
    So can you please make it easier to customize my LEGO Ideas avatar or tell me what I'm doing wrong and tell me how to customize it

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Lego emojis

It would be very cool, if when you're typing out a comment or a description, or even THIS right here, if you add could add a emoji to show how you feel. But why stop there? I think Lego emojis would just be strait up awesome. A Lego emoji would be like a normal emoji, but with a Lego head. If you like this idea, then please vote on it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create 3 categories by ages and piece count

The first criteria for most AFOLs (=the voters) is the esthetic of the designs. In general, complex and detailed designs get much more votes then the small sets. But the LEGO board of designers refuses most of these big sets because they are too complex and they need to aim a market for ages much smaler than the 16+.

Lego missed many sets that could have been very interesting for their development because of this contradiction.

To help these smaller sets, I suggest the creation of a classification by piece count and ages, in the same way it already exists…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable comments on project updates

Currently, making updates is a bit of a one-way void.

The designer doesn’t really have any idea if they are improving or harming their chances of getting support.

Enabling comments on updates would provide many benefits for all users (including LEGO Group). It would:

1. Engage supporters in the design process

2. Provide immediate feedback to the designer

3. Encourage the designer to continually improve the model

4. Give LEGO much more insight into the viability of a project

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Do something special when membership reaches 1,000,000.

The LEGO Ideas community may reach one million members before the end of 2019. If not then, it will certainly hit that number early in 2020. Please begin planning a special contest and/or event to celebrate that landmark in membership and participation.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Contest format idea -> Video / brickfilm

In the past Rebrick hosted some great brickfilm contests. Maybe Lego Ideas could also host such a contest in the future.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.

Make it possible to update or edit competition entries.
    I understand that competition entries need to be moderated to make sure that they comply with the competition rules and Lego standards but being unable to edit or update an entry means that if a person wants to update or edit they have to re-submit it as a new entry. This means losing conversation threads or support as the new entry is not connected to the original. Would it be possible to have update as an option with updated entries going back into submission phase to be moderated and once re-approved…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide The Number Of Supporters For Projects (Or At Least An Option To Hide The Number Of Project Supporters)

This may sound weird to some people, but I think there should be an option to hide how many people support your projects. I believe people would choose to support more solely based on a project's merit or creative value instead of how many others are supporting it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let people delete excess updates

I recently made an update that got duplicated, but I just needed one. I want to delete it, along with those that accidentally messed up on the updates...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show me if I've supported it already

From anywhere you can see the blue number of supporters circle, allow to support, and show if you're already supporting it. Click the button to support, and it should be white with blue outline (like it is on the idea page) if you're already supporting. Or some other indicator that you already supported it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add options to delete comments and updates

I think we should have options to delete comments and updates as well as we can delete product ideas before they are approved

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You should allow multiple contest submissions to be entered at the same time.

Not allowing new contest entries while one is being verified makes it so that the process of uploading entries takes a lot longer, and sometimes make it impossible to enter all of your designs before the end of the submission phase.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streamline the voting process, especially for mobile users

Three ideas to streamline voting, which really puts people off, especially on mobiles:

• Remove the age page, or make it easier, like "Are you above 18? Y/N"

• Do not require entry of a confirmation code to vote. This extra step really annoys people, slows down the process, and turns them away. It also makes it harder to vote using mobiles.

• The site must be designed with mobile phones in mind, not laptops, as that is where most people use the internet now. Right now the back-and-forth confirmation is so clunky on a mobile, that people will abandon the process.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love to see a way to view old blog posts easier than it is now.

It is really hard to find older blog posts now and I would like that to change.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tell contest participants how their entries did

After the winner is announced in a contest, I think that participants should be shown the scores they got in each judging category (relevance to theme, coolness/originality, etc.) so that they may know the strengths and weaknesses of their build, and use this information to improve future contest entries.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base