Skip to content

General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

152 results found

1. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide the ability to crop the preview image without having to cut the main title image.

So I have 2 Product Ideas currently up on LEGO Ideas. However, I have an issue with the submission of photos when it comes to the main image. While I do think it's nice to be able to crop pictures, I'd appreciate the ability to crop the preview picture you see while browsing without damaging the main image on your project page. Currently, both of my project preview photos aren't cropped the way I want them, but I know that if I do try to crop them, it's just going to cause the main title image to be cut.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let people delete excess updates

I recently made an update that got duplicated, but I just needed one. I want to delete it, along with those that accidentally messed up on the updates...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the option to link your Bricklink account in your profile

A user's page already has places to put links to one's youtube, flickr, et cetera. I think Bricklink, though not as popular as those other websites, would be a good addition to this because its features are specifically made to be able to showcase Lego MOCs in great detail. It could also be a good way to promote the website.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Simultanious contest entries

I have had trouble with entering contests because I made multiple entries, and photographed them all in the same shoot to avoid setting up the sheets and cameras too many times. I went to enter them when there were about 10 days left and realized that there was no way that I could submit all of them doing it one at a time with 2 days between, and any rejections. I would guess that I am not the only one who has experienced such issues of possibility and convenience and propose that Ideas should allow one user to have multiple…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. open crowdfunding for those models that reach 10k but do not get picked to become a real set

There are many beautiful rejected 10k models that people would love to have. You recently released several models through the Brick Link coop. Why not do so for all the 10k models (those that do not have any license problems) so that more models would become available?
    It would also be another incentive to post models, because you would actually get to see your model being made after 2,5 years of hard work at designing and promoting.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable comments on project updates

Currently, making updates is a bit of a one-way void.

The designer doesn’t really have any idea if they are improving or harming their chances of getting support.

Enabling comments on updates would provide many benefits for all users (including LEGO Group). It would:

1. Engage supporters in the design process
    2. Provide immediate feedback to the designer
    3. Encourage the designer to continually improve the model
    4. Give LEGO much more insight into the viability of a project
    9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "my favorite vote" option

Every member can attribute his "favorite vote" to only one project (but not his own)

Some members vote for many many projects, but there is no distinction as to what project they really prefer.

This "favorite vote" can be taken back and re-attributed at any time.

The "support" button would simply change into "my favorite",
    the overview of supported projects is already available.
    A popup message would show up if already gave your favorite vote to another project "this action will remove your favorite vote from another project. Do you wish to apply it here anyway?"

To go even further,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hide The Number Of Supporters For Projects (Or At Least An Option To Hide The Number Of Project Supporters)

This may sound weird to some people, but I think there should be an option to hide how many people support your projects. I believe people would choose to support more solely based on a project's merit or creative value instead of how many others are supporting it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a “Resubmit Project Button” after project expires

Each time a user’s product idea expires, he or she would have to recreate the expired project all over again from scratch. I’d personally love to see an easier way to resubmit expired product ideas without having to recreate it again as a new project. Maybe a “Resubmit Project” button would be very helpful!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let anyone create a link to sell the Lego pieces for their own creations and get a percentage!

Let anyone create a list of pieces at the Lego shop, and a single link to place them all in the cart. Those who use the link get a discount (something between 1 and 5%) and the link creator also receives a small percentage (also something between 1 and 5%). In this way, anyone can advertise their creation, with instructors on how to do them.

And those who want to build it can order the pieces with one click. They can also modify the list of pieces, to eliminate some elements they already own (they should not feel treated unfairly).

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. have a section to your acount page that shows projects you would most likely enjoy

this would mean a page showing ideas similar to ideas you have already supported, or contest entries that you have liked. I think this would help since I think that people probably spend a lot of time looking around at other people's projects, but not really finding the sort of project they like. This would also help boost a projects visibility. This would shorten the time wasted surfing the millions of submissions that certain members just might not like.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have more categories

Introduce more categories for submitting your ideas. These could include but are not limited by:Duplo, technic machines, history, fantasy, jobs, retro, educational, nature, film or book scenes, vehicles, furniture, games.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improved Visibility and UI on Homepage

It’s currently too difficult to find or discover things of a particular interest on the IDEAS website. Along with better use of filters, I recommend a different homepage UI of stacked containers with horizontal scrolling, similar to what you see in most media layouts (ie Netflix) instead of the endless, seemingly random vertical scroll and buried navigational options. It’s perfectly fine to have staff picks and most popular at the top (or listed under a Contests section) because you want people to have a good first impression of the website and IDEAS platform, but then just under that box there…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Elaborate on Contest and Ideas’ photo edited entries

I’ve had my contest entries rejected because I use these visual resources:

1) Small windows to the sides of a big picture that show hard-to-spot details of the main model image.

2) Arrows that show how moving parts move, or that pinpoint where the hard-to-spot details are.

3) Transparent silhouettes to show how something moves.

4) Desaturated parts of the model to leave in colour the section of interest of an image.

5) Suggested stickers/prints composited on the pieces.

But I’ve had other submissions accepted with these elements, as well as other people’s submissions using them have been approved.

I…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make a new badge - Laurel Wreath - for those who have won more than twice.

It is quite frustrating to see that someone has won the grand prize 5 times!
    It's hard for those of us who've never even come close, and if they've already won more than twice, they have enough.
    Instead of prizes, could they get a badge instead of a prize? Please?
    They then have arguably the most rare badge which is just as good, and it gives other people at least a chance.
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View a list of everyone that supported your build

It’s depressing when you want to thank the people that supported you along the way... and you don’t know exactly who all did support you. So, we should have it so when you support a build you join a list with all of the other supporters on that build.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Additional filter & view options

Please add the following quality of life improvements:

1) filter to show only the NEW ideas since my last visit.

2) instead of the current 0 or 1000 as smallest supported filter options, allow us to filter in numbers between. Example by the 50 or 100 / 200 supporters and so on.

3) filter and icon that shows the ideas you are already supporting

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should ba a page we’re you give ideas but do not have to create them yourself

We should be able to suggest ideas whether too complex for us to build or from something like Star Wars and then have the LEGO team or other users to review and maybe create them

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes
    Vote