General

Please only submit suggestions/feedback for improvements to the LEGO Ideas online platform experience

1. There should ba a page we’re you give ideas but do not have to create them yourself

We should be able to suggest ideas whether too complex for us to build or from something like Star Wars and then have the LEGO team or other users to review and maybe create them

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Best Things in Life Too Can Be Free

The prizes given away in the contests are really Awesome, but I would like to see some non-monetary prizes given out along side of them that would also give members an even more engaging way to participate in the contests. A vote for your favorite entries after the contest closes might be a fun way for all members to have a part in the contests while awaiting for the results from the judges. A special 'Fan Favorite' badge could be awarded, and this is the cool part, it doesn't need to be given just to the top one but it…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find a solution for better project visibility!

We’ve been on here for a week or so and one thing is obvious...out of thousands of projects the same handful float at the top. It doesn’t matter if it’s “top” or “trending” or “staff pick”. I search the car theme and a Dino-cow is the first result out of 2000+. I actually have a car project and I can’t even find it unless I search the exact title. This game isn’t about showcasing and receiving votes on awesome projects as much as somehow managing to attain any visibility before you get buried.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set up a Build help request

Set up a Build help request so we can ask other members for design ideas on new builds. Such as suggested parts or actual builds pictures to illustrate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Not only one Idea on the first page

I think it would be good if not only an idea or ideas appear first on the Lego Ideas page but the succession changes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove Automatic Post-saving

Since one of the recent changes, there is now such a thing as "Saving" Posts (The equivalent of what used to be "following" them)
    However, when you support a project, you automatically save it, which can be annoying because to un-save you have to reload the page and hit the unsave button. I think it would be better just to be able to save a post when you want to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "my favorite vote" option

Every member can attribute his "favorite vote" to only one project (but not his own)

Some members vote for many many projects, but there is no distinction as to what project they really prefer.

This "favorite vote" can be taken back and re-attributed at any time.

The "support" button would simply change into "my favorite",
    the overview of supported projects is already available.
    A popup message would show up if already gave your favorite vote to another project "this action will remove your favorite vote from another project. Do you wish to apply it here anyway?"

To go even further,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Product Ideas as default in "Product Ideas" tab (instead of "top")

I think that new entries have lack of attention because of the "top" entries order. We had separate "top" tab and that war correct decision.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easier Support of a Model

Is it possible to make supporting easier, maybe just click on where it has the number of supporters of that project, the blue circley thing. I sometimes find that I don't support a project that I would normally just because it takes to much time to click on the project and view it's page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a “Resubmit Project Button” after project expires

Each time a user’s product idea expires, he or she would have to recreate the expired project all over again from scratch. I’d personally love to see an easier way to resubmit expired product ideas without having to recreate it again as a new project. Maybe a “Resubmit Project” button would be very helpful!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clearer Instructions for Adding Images in Description

I can't figure out how to add images into a project description, and I'd really appreciate understanding how. I have a fair bit of text, and images to accompany it, but without understanding how to add images the description is just a large block of text. An instructional video might be helpful. If anyone can help me understand, I'd really appreciate it! :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link to Your YouTube Channel in Profile

Many fans on LEGO Ideas have a YouTube channel... why not have the ability for them to have a YouTube link in their LEGO Ideas Profile? This linking is already available for a personal website and/or social media (like Facebook) in the Profile section... but there is no YouTube link.

A simple suggestion, but I believe it could greatly benefit the fan community.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make an RSS feed for the Ideas blog

I'd much rather read this through a feed reader than email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. App, that allows people to build sets collaboratively (e.g. build the mustang with 5 others)

Prototype completed, principle can be demonstrated

German reference:

https://www.promobricks.de/soziales-bauen-lego-interview-dominik-brachmanski

What this does: A webapp, that uses real time data, the connection between clients and the structure of the build to assign tasks/buildsteps to everyone in a group according to documented progress.

Features:
    - Looks and handles like regular instructions, navigating through steps is used as input to record progress and make work assignment decisions.
    - It utilizes the logical location of subassemblies in build plans to parallelize branches of the assembly and optimize group capacity usage. This ensures everyone gets a task until the set is finished/as long as there…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Giving users/future product idea submitters a summary or an idea of which LEGO elements has, hasn't, or is close to being discontinued

Hello, I think that users have a right to know which LEGO elements/parts have, have not been, or soon to be discontinued. Users shouldn't have to go through the time and trouble of designing and submitting a project that contains discontinued elements that they were unaware of. I have a LEGO Ideas project that I haven't submitted yet but was originally designed only for LEGO Power Functions(LPF 1.0) elements and not LEGO Powered Up(LPF 2.0) elements. I don't know if LEGO Powered Up is replacing the old Power Function elements or if they intend to keep producing the old power…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a description bar

It would be cool if on the box that has the main photo of your idea, and how many supports it has, there were the first 3 or 4 lines of your description. This would help if your main photo wasn't that great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. open crowdfunding for those models that reach 10k but do not get picked to become a real set

There are many beautiful rejected 10k models that people would love to have. You recently released several models through the Brick Link coop. Why not do so for all the 10k models (those that do not have any license problems) so that more models would become available?
    It would also be another incentive to post models, because you would actually get to see your model being made after 2,5 years of hard work at designing and promoting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page

I suggest a change to the way you scroll through the home page as currently it is very laggy and you have to keep scrolling where I stead you could just do one slide and it carries on scrolling. So a change and make it smoother

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Less home page clutter

Have 2 or more rows of IDEAS on the home page.

Technically you have more stuff, but having the ideas so big is kind of annoying, and makes it feel pointless to scroll through

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base